We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Have booked rental with Alamo. Have completed Save Time and have printed off Prepaid Rental Voucher. Have also printed off Reservation Confirmation email I received which shows a bar code and confimation number.

Just checking, is this all I need to bypass the rental counter? There are instructions telling me to proceed to the counter to obtain rental agreement. Can I disregard this and go straight to garage?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Did you complete the online check in? Once you have completed save time you also need to check in. I by passed the counter at Sanford last Friday and used the kiosk. Was so quick and easy!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

We arrived Monday gone, everyone was directed to the counter, asked for licence, never looked at my paperwork , I had done save time and OLCI also, but the hard sell started, it was all I could to not get angry, it was 90 outside and my family were roasting I said look , I have pre payed everything I don't want anything else, so either give me the car I asked for or get me a supervisor cos I am not accepting anything else... He was still arguing as he gave me the paperwork , what if this happens ?? I'll deal with it if/when it does I said, went outside and the guy brought over a top of the range Chrysler town and country , one touch doors, DVD player, 4 adults and 3 small kids, it was a bit of a squeeze, next time I'll get a 12 seater .. Oh well off the the beach , we are at the sirata beach in st Pete beach till Monday then up to Orlando ..

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Just what I was hoping to avoid! Have done the OLCI and have bar code on the email confirmation. Was hoping to just go to garage but just noticed this bit about going to counter. After long journey you just don't want the hard sell. Can well understand how you were getting angry. My husband is much more relaxed but I will just have to "Keep Calm And Carry On" 😎

Edited: 09 May 2014, 14:32
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

so even if you have done online check in they still want you to go to the counter?? i might go to the garage and get my car lock it then go do the paper work lol

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Is this now the case? I've booked as part of my Virgin package and have completed online check in. Paperwork clearly says go direct to garage.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

It depends which airport you are flying into.

If MCO, go straight to the garage Barbara,we have done this 5 or 6 times now, so easy.

It is a little different for Sanford, someone else may be able to clarify.

Rye, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

Yes, picking up at Orlando but there is nothing on paperwork to say go straight to garage. If we chance going straight to garage do we get paperwork to sign there, does the guy at the garage give us receipt or something?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

We flew into Sanford , with Thomson , flight was good , arrived early too , immigration was quick then this happens, it really annoys me when they just keep pushing and I said no loud enough , just wouldn't give up as if he was gonna win... Yeah right I would rather get a cab to st Pete beach than let that happen.. It sours the start of your holiday , the drive down was smooth, I don't want to put people off but just be prepared that's all ...

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental

There's almost as many posts on Alamo as there are on tipping lol

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Checking - Alamo Car Rental