We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

We all had a sleep in this morning....woke around 7:45!! Early entry this morning was 7:00 so we certainly missed that haha. We will do it tomorrow....it's 8am tomorrow, so not as bad lol

Went down to club lounge for continental breakfast. They had porridge, assorted cereals, danishes and breads. We made do with cereals & toast...naturally we had our trusty jar of Vegemite with us so all good for the toast!! :-)

We all felt as though we had had a good feed and headed off to Universal Studios. We arrived about 9:30am and went straight to Woody woodpecker ride (DD9's choice). It didn't open until 10:00 so we did ET instead. We all really liked it, it's very cutesy and so similar to Peter Pan at WDW. After that we still had time before 10:00 so we went for Men in Black. Put our bags in the free locker and went straight on....gotta love express pass :-)

It was an okay ride.....a bit lame and didn't like all that spinning that's for sure!! Got our bags out easily then back for Woody's nutty coaster. DD9 loved it so we went again. DS12 thought it so lame but he sucked it up for his sister :-) After this we twisted DD's arm to go on Revenge of the Mummy....I told her if she did it she could have a food treat (she loves sweets...so this is always a good bribe for her hehe). Well she did it, but much like Jurassic Park, she quickly informed us she didn't want to do it again. That's our thing....try it....if you don't like it you don't have to do it again!! Just quietly, I reckon we can get her on again though ;-) *enter evil laugh*

Off to find her a treat now so we headed straight for the sweet shop. On our way there, DS (usually somewhat of a chicken) declares that he wants to try RRR!!!! Gulp!!! Okay dad says and whisks him off to do it. Gotta strike while the iron's hot they say :-) Well he loved it!!

We eventually got to the sweet shop and she got her bag of lollies & DS a churro. Had a meet and greet with Bart then went back to Springfield area for DH to try a Duff Beer. He wasn't too fussed on it but my DH would drink anything really....so he was sure to finish it :-) While sitting and resting those aching feet we began crossing off the things we had already done in both parks the past couple of days. We had accomplished lots already!! We noticed that the Horror make up show was due to start in half an hour. Off we trotted to find that and wait for it to begin. Oh what a laugh that was. Especially when, as we were sitting dead centre in the front row, I had just finished explaining to DD that she may get picked to volunteer and she couldn't really refuse and I was the one to get picked......

When the make up guy was introduced and he came out with a chest wound...he called on me to help him....telling me that he needed mouth to mouth!!!!! Well seeing as I refused and 'left him to die' he payed out on me all show. In the part when he squirts the water over the front part of the audience.....well I got pretty much soaked lol. It was all in good fun though :-)

We had a look in the souvenir shop after this, just getting a notebook, a pen and a keyring then off to lunch at NBA City. My son loves the NBA!!! The food was gorgeous. We absolutely loved it and were so full. DH & I shared 2 appetisers....ginger terriyaki wings and parmesan chicken tenders, a pizza each, a beer, 2 kids meals and 2 oreo shakes plus 20% tip....$85. Not bad considering we were all full to the brim :-) By the way, the 2 appetisers were the yummiest ever. I could have them every day. The Asian sauce that comes with the chicken tenders....heaven!!

It was time to head into IOA now. I couldn't even imagine doing a ride yet after all that food so we just went for a walk to suss out where HP world is for early entry tomorrow morning. Well DD spotted the Hippogriff ride and wanted to do it. So off we went. We thought well its another one we can cross off the list. It was okay. After that we headed back through JP area and DS wanted to try Pteranadon Flyers but the line was too long. We continued walking, letting our lunch settle and came across Spiderman. On we go and we loved it. DH took a Dramamine last night too as he didn't want to feel the effects of the simulators anymore!!! We were all fine :-)

Out of Spiderman and DS wants to go on Hulk!!! Woah, we've braved right up haven't we!! Only with dad though not mum.....hmmm....fine then! lol. Again, he loved it.

DD talked us into one last ride before we called it a day....the Suess Trolley!! It became our joke of the day how wild this ride was....NOT!!! DH & DS teased her about what a wild ride it was and that they felt sick and it scared them etc. Our DD doesn't like it much when the joke is on her lol

Instead of walking back we got one of the bike riders. DH growled about how much I tipped him....I gave him $10. DH was saying, well it isn't very far to HRH. I know that....but he did save our legs and there was 4 of us on his bike....that must've been hard work for him!! lol

We spent some well deserved time at the pool. It is a nice pool with loads of loungers but there just isn't enough shaded areas to sit. Anyways I just kept dragging my chair back a bit as the sun moved lol. We were there for about an hour and a half. Showers in the room then dinner in the club lounge. None of us were terribly hungry after our big lunch and snacks throughout the day so the few nibblies we had were perfect. They offered a Naan like bread, cheese balls, salad and little stuffed puff pastry balls. Certainly enough to fill us!!

I desperately needed to do some washing so I headed off to the laundry room. $7 later and almost 2 hours and my load of washing was clean and dried. A pain? Yes. Necessary? Yes. Easy? Yes. At least it's done now though :-)

Anyway, we are all trying to get a half early night so we can get up for early entry tomorrow morning. Will report on how we go with getting everything done tomorrow, our thoughts on FJ and Mardi Gras :-)

Thanks for reading everyone!! Stay tuned for more fun filled Aussie Orlando action ;-)

newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

I'm loving reading all your reports. Sounds like you are having an amazing time - and you still have ages to go. I'm jealous of how long you are over there. Keep the reports coming.

Level Contributor
1,047 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Another fab report - sounds like you're all having a blast! Keep the TRs coming!

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Yet another great day and enjoyable TR keep them coming await your next adventure

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,090 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Brilliant report, loving them all :)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Really enjoying your trip reports sounds like your having a ball, enjoy the rest of your stay, cant wait to read the next installment!

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Sounds like you are loving it, FYI the flyers line is always huge it's so slow loading and honestly you aren't missing anything by skipping it. Funny though because we love men in black and can do that one several times over :)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
388 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Loving all ur trip reports , love the wy you are craming so much in , your poor feet !!!!

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Another great day and TR! I'm off to look into the bike rider/rickshaw now, didn't realise those were available!

Scotland
Level Contributor
211 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Loving your reports, away to look at disney cruises now! Thanks for taking the time to do them and enjoy the rest of your holiday. Maz

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,815 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 8 US & IOA

Another great TR and no words to translate :)