We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
101 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

I am surprised and happy that I found authentic, cheap foods near disney. Found couple cheap eat, fresh, authentic Mexican, Tacos Express, Dominican, Tu Casa, and Cuban food. Love the food more than the park. food serve at tacos express cannot be found in VA, which is sucks.

There are many food trucks on orange blossom drive that I will not have the chance to taste, leaving FL tomorrow. Airline price is too expensive to go to Mexico so FL is now my new option. Which place will bring you back?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

Just outside of Orlando in Haines City, Manny's Chophouse is awesome!

belfast
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

Tdsuperstar...... That's my reason lol. My kids go for the obvious. My wife gos to relax and I go for mannys lol, we stay in southern dunes, so mannys is walking distance, there warm sour dough buns with cinnamon butter just to start is worth a years savings lol can't wait,.....

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

Mmmm longhorns is what iv been wanting since i left. Only 6 months until i taste one again! Or even steak n shake. Loved there triple steak burgers and cookie dough milkshake mmmm!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,457 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

Can’t miss places are spots including gastropubs, Southern BBQ and Southern seafood like Luma on Park, The Table, The Ravenous Pig, 4 Rivers Smoke House, K Restaurant, Yellow Dog Eats, Cityfish, Ceviche, The Rusty Spoon, Dexter's, Cask & Larder,, Grafitti Junktion, Ember, Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar B Que, Sonny's BBQ, Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill, Hot N Juicy Crawfish, LA Boiling Seafood Crab & Crawfish, King Cajun Crawfish and Lee and Rick's Half Shell Oyster Bar.

Some of these places are just joints, but great food in all of them and nothing that is in the WDC area. There isn't a steakhouse or Italian that is "can't miss" compared to what you can get in the DC area, same for Korean and Vietnamese, except maybe Korean BBQ Taco Box.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

I completely agree manies is amazing...

6. Re: not Disney but food that will bring me back to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:17