We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon August 2014

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leitrim
5 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon August 2014

Hi,

I'm just looking for some advice. We are staying in orlando from the 11th to the 17th of August 2014 then going on a cruise on the 17th. We are staying in the doubletree by Hilton by the entrance to universal. We don't arrive in orlando on the Monday (11th) till the evening so that day is out for attractions. We have 5 days and are thinking of universal, Islands of adventure, sea world and aquatica. If we had time we might also do one or two of the Disney parks.

Firstly, I'm wondering about tickets, are we best buying the 14 day pass for universal etc before we go or buy them as we go over there?

What Disney parks would you recommend?

Also, of the above parks, would it take a full day to do them or could you do 2 in a day.

I would also like to do some shopping while there, any recommendations for bargains (",)

Thanks

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

I don't think you can buy the 14 day ticket in the US. I'd suggest looking at whether it is cheaper to buy separate tickets from the online ticket sellers.

alabama
Level Contributor
61 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

Check out the Flextickets. I would consider at least one rest day or pool day. A park a day can be very tiring. For shopping, Downtown Disney was our pick!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,282 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

In the summer with kids off of school, you will need a whole day for each park. So if you go to universal, islands of adventure, seaworld and aquatica, there's 4 days and one day left to shop/relax/whatever. Save Disney for another time when you can visit all 4 Disney parks :)

Edited: 11 May 2014, 01:23
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

Your trip sounds very similar to ours! We're going for 5 days from the 20th august, as the first part of our honeymoon! So, firstly congrats!!

We're doing universal, Islands of adventures, Busch gardens & aquatica, giving them all one day each. We're also going to book into the blue man group one evening too. It's a lot to do in that amount if time.... But then we're off to Jamaica where we can take all the time to relax & chill :)

Norfolk
Level Contributor
63 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

Look for attraction world on facebook they sell various tickets for parks and shows. They wont rip you off and are very helpful

Edited: 18 May 2014, 23:44
6. Re: Honeymoon August 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16