We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Hi - We will be going to Disneyworld with a 3 year old who is almost potty trained. What should we bring with us for her besides diapers, wipes and a change of clothes? Any other suggestions? Thanks

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Stroller with sun shade and lots of snacks including a few that may help her stay hydrated like blueberries or apple slices, drinks.

Perhaps let her wear a costume. Would suggest overtop of regular clothes.

If she isn't scared by characters, then I suppose it's as good as age as any to start an autograph book, or collect autographs in another way for a special scrapbook.

Pressed pennies

Money for ice cream/treats

Your own glow necklaces or bracelets to save on light up souvenirs

A route other than through the gift shops also to save on souvenirs!

Swimsuit and swim diapers for the hotel

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Great suggestions 1031 - Thanks! REally like the idea of an autograph book!

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

For out and about in parks definitely a little bottle of sunscreen and sunglasses if she will wear them. We also found taking a bottle or cup with lid useful as can empty drinks into them or fill them with free drinking water. Our 3 year old son loved collecting autographs this year although I really only got him one as his older sister had one he actually got more into it than I thought he would. We took a swinsuit for kids with us to parks too for playing in water play areas at universal and at magic kingdom.

Have fun

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

A frozen bottle of water as it defrosts all day, keeps the cool and hydrated. I am here at minute with my 3 year old and he loves these, definitely sun screen, a buggy with a hood to let them sleep and keep out of the sun, sunscreen, change of clothes, snacks. Lots of money LOL for every demand they ask hehehe

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

If you're out in the evening for parades and fireworks keep their pj's and toothbrush in car and change them before journey hone so they can just be lifted into bed.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Your sense of humour. ..

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
639 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

flushable wipes for your almost potty trained beauty! They serve as double duty. If she gets sticky or spills something you can wipe her hands with them etc, and well.....it makes bathroom time a lot easier! Also, if you think she will want to play in the water play areas in MK, I would throw her bathing suit in a plastic baggie (bring one from home). That way if you decide to let her get wet, you can change her in and out of it without her other clothes getting wet.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

Can I just ask, as we're hoping our LO will be potty trained or nearly potty trained when we go in September. Are you keeping yours in pull ups to avoid having to change all their clothes? Or hoping they will still ask and not have any accidents?

I'm worried the change or enviroment and body clock etc will throw off any of the potty training we would of done.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

My then two year old youngest daughter was just out of nappies the first time we went to Disney. The spectacular mess she made all over the floor of the crystal palace when we spotted piglet as we were queueing to get in for lunch convinced me to put her back in pull ups for the duration of the holiday. Definitely useful for flights too, when you don't know how long it's going to be until they switch off the seat belt sign. ..

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
220 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to bring to Parks with a 3 year old

My then two year old youngest daughter was just out of nappies the first time we went to Disney. The spectacular mess she made all over the floor of the crystal palace when we spotted piglet as we were queueing to get in for lunch convinced me to put her back in pull ups for the duration of the holiday. Definitely useful for flights too, when you don't know how long it's going to be until they switch off the seat belt sign. ..

Edited: 13 May 2014, 18:33