We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there no hope?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is there no hope?

We will be in orlando in late September and will be visiting the Disney world. I went online to have a look and tried to make dinner reservations at a couple of places, to see that there are no available tables at the restaurants I wanted to try :( we are 137 days out (I just checked this lol) and i have since read that bookings can be made 180 days in advance...feeling terrible now, is there any chance of still getting a table? Should I check every day just in case or should I put it behind me and get over it...we only just worked out our dates, I haven't even booked accommodation yet...I'm so confused by everything, fast passes, express passes, extra magic hours? eh. Hubby and I went to disney land 18 years ago (before kids) and we just bought our tickets at the gate and lined up for rides....was planning to do the same this time, but after a bit of reading, not sure if this is how it's done at all anymore....help!

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there no hope?

I am travelling roughly the same time and have had no problems getting all 6 of my preferences. Which restaurants are you trying to book?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there no hope?

I was looking at T Rex and Cinderella' Royal Table in particularly, but when I didn't have any luck with those,I tried a couple of others and nothing? Do you mind me asking when you booked? Thanks

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there no hope?

I cant help with your question Im afraid, but I totally agree with your comment re how complicated it is now.

I visited last 10 years ago now and lurk on the forum as one day we will take our kids (currently far too young) and I cant believe how regimented, organised etc you have to be with all the new tech. I suppose it has to be that way now to handle the huge volume of people...I just read that people are waiting 4 hours to meet E and A unless you fastpass months in advance?!?! To me that is insanity.

I think its a shame you cant get a table 5 months in advance. I dont know how it works but would think if you checked very regularly a spot might open up.

Good luck.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there no hope?

We are there from 6Sept until Oct03. We booked Trex, Chef Mickeys, Dessert Party and Rainforest last week for various dates.

The funny thing about the Disney system is if you try to book dinner for a table of 4 it will say no tables, then if you try for a table of 5 it is available - really weird. It does look very full now for late September. That is probably because as soon as 'Free Dining' was announced, everyone booked out most of the restaurants.

5. Re: Is there no hope?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 08:04
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
872 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there no hope?

Aloha Lindann

The CRT is very difficult to get a reservation, TRex should not be a problem. I would suggest calling Disney dining directly and see if they can help, and also call the Trex restaurant directly.

Disney World 407) 939-5277

T Rex 407) 828-8739

If you can not get into CRT try Akershus Royal Banquet at Epcot. When we went to CRT two years ago I was on the phone at the 180 day mark and still the times were picked over. You never know though good luck and hope you can make some reservations,

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there no hope?

We're going on the 25th of September for two weeks, I had to book ours weeks ago as soon as I was able, and I still couldn't get one for T-Rex. Have you got the 'my disney experience' app on your phone? It lets you put in the date your looking for then tells you everything available. It helps to look under 'dinner and lunch' and also put in an individual time ie. 5pm as more options may come up that are just outside the set 'dinner' times.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there no hope?

Thankyou everyone, feeling a bit disheartened at the moment...have tried putting in party of 5 and was able to get a booking one night at T Rex at 9.30pm, thought this was better than nothing, but it won't actually process it and I'm just getting more frustrated. Already spent hours on this today, I will try calling tomorrow and see how I go. Thanks so much for your feedback, greatly appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there no hope?

Oh and I will get the disney app now, thanks :)

Carterton, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there no hope?

Email the T Rex direct that's how I did my booking. They replied quickly too.