We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

London, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

We arrive at noon Friday and looking to get to Hollywood studios? What is the best way there? I have read there are Disney buses? Do you have to book ahead of time? How long does it take to get there?

Saturday, heading to Universal Studios and have read the easiest way is by taxi.

Sunday, Magic Kingdom, same questions as Hollywood studios.

Monday, Animal Kingdom, is that far from the Animal Kingdom Lodge or is on the same property?

Thanks in advance.

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

The Disney bus service from and back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge runs all day, buses come round every 20 minutes or less. There is a bus depot right out side the front of the Lodge, just take the Bus that says Disney's Hollywood Studios on it

If you want to get to Universal quickly, Taxi is the best option, it will run about $50 one way.

Do you already have your Universal Ticket ? If not, there is a cheaper option, the ticket and transport option. More info if needed

On Sunday, take the Disney Bus Marked Magic Kingdom

On Monday, take the bus marked Animal Kingdom, it is a 5 minute ride

More info about your Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158918

London, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

Universal tickets already purchased. However I purchased the ones with unlimited FP and it will be at the gate waiting for me. This purchase didn't give me an option to print anything. What is the best way to pick up the tickets and possibly not wait forever just to get them.

When do the buses start and stop running?

Much appreciated!

Thanks

Edited: 13 May 2014, 20:52
London, Canada
Level Contributor
216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

On another note, will we be able to meet Mickey at the Tusker House Restaurant at Animal Kingdom?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,998 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

When I purchased my Universal tickets in advance (with unlimited express pass) prior to my February trip I just went to the kiosks at the entrance of the park and there was no line to print them out. I do believe I had an email with a barcode to scan at the kiosk though. I would think you must have an email from Universal to print out at the very least.

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

You should have an email confirmation to use to print out your tickets, if not, be sure to have the credit card you used to purchase them and also ID

As far as the Disney Bus service goes, they start at 6:30 am, known as the Character Breakfast Buses. If you intend to use those early buses, be sure to ask which Park and or Resorts they are heading to, there will be more then one bus coming and going. Normal bus service starts one hour prior to Park opening time and runs until, at least, one hour after a park closing. When in doubt, just ask a Cast Member for help

Yes, Mickey is at the Tusker House for Breakfast

Edited: 13 May 2014, 22:43
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

While on-property, if you have any bus or transportation questions, try your best to ask a bus driver or any other transportation cast member. If you ask a hotel cast member or a park cast member about transportation, they will be nice and they will try to give you an answer but chances are it will be a wrong answer. Disney does a really poor job of cross-training its cast members, so most of the time all they know is their exact job.

But ANY Disney Transport bus driver will know everything about how to get around within WDW. And even within that group, the best folks to ask are the ones working the morning shifts; drivers bid on shifts by seniority, and the morning tends to be the most desirable shift. Therefore, your morning drivers will tend to be the most experienced and knowledgable.

7. Re: Transportation from Animal Kingdom Lodge...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:17