We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

We're going to be at Hollywood Studios on Saturday, Sept 14th. Crowd level is supposed to be a 1 out of 10. I have us booked at Mama Melrose for a Fantasmic Dinner Package. I"m not really excited about eating there (or the other HS restaurants), but I don't want to wait for over an hour to get a decent Fantasmic seat. So I have two questions. 1. There's only 1 fantasmic show at 8:30 that night. How quick will it fill up on a sat. in September or when should i get there to get a decent seat? 2. The last thing on our agenda is Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area at 4pm. I was thinking changing to Il Mulino for 5:15 or 5:30. Hows the walk to Swan and will I be able to return in time to get seats for Fantasmic? Oh, and a 3rd question - will they let you in after it begins?

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

Or maybe there's a better restaurant at another hotel within walking distance (in case we miss the boat). I really am not impressed with any of the Hollywood Studios restaurants enough to pay that kind of money. I'd rather pay a bit more and get something that's really delicious.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,402 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

Mama Melrose is pretty good;certainly not a four star gourmet restaurant but good food,good wine list and the service is fine. All the Disney restaurants are theme park restaurants and their quality reflects that. But we like the Fantasmic package;it is well worth it. We have seen lines,even in the slow season,starting 90 minutes before the show so we like having the reserved seats very much.the walk to the Swan is at least 20 minutes so you may be able to walk there,eat and get back in time to line up for Fantasmic.But why bother?the Brown Derby is a better restaurant than Mama Melrose so you might want to try that instead.I don't know if they let you in after the show starts;I've never seen it less than full when it starts

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

Thanks for the info - especially how full the show gets even in the off season. I moved our Shula Steakhouse reservations to this night at 5pm. That should give us plenty of time to eat and get to the show. The baby and I could even leave dinner a bit early if needed. Hopefully I'll be able to score an extra fastpass after we use ours up.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

They do not let people into Fantasmic once the show starts as they dim the lighting for effect.

I used to occasionally get pulled to work Fantasmic and most September nights were pretty light - you could walk in 15-20 minutes before the show and still get a decent seat. The dining package is not necessary. You will have plenty of time to make the show with your Shula's reservation.

5. Re: Walk from HS to Il Mulino and Sept. wait for Fantasmic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16