We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

back from Windsor Hills

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
back from Windsor Hills

Just got back yesterday. Drove from Ottawa, Canada on July 22/06, made two overnight stops at motels and arrived on the 24th at the Windsor Hill Condo. The condo was much nicer than the pictures on the internet, we were overjoyed with it. The pool is outstanding, always crystal clear without the heavy smell of chlorine. We stayed in the second furthest from the pool but it was a quick walk away and I found it to be quiet. The grounds are beautiful and clean and they are still working on the basketball and tennis courts. It was pretty crowded when we were there because of sports team staying at the resort but it was still o.k. My favorite part of the day was around 9am when I would take our towels/books/etc.... and go for my morning swim and read with about 3 or 4 people there at that time!!!! It was great. The pool opens at 8am and closes at 10pm. Did the 4 Disney parks and added the Fun and More options, so we went 3 times to DisneyQuest (well the boys did) and once to Typhoon Lagoon. I have never been so hot in my life!!!! but it was easy to get some relief in the parks. I am a chicken when it comes to rides but I had promised myself to do Expedition Everest. When my 11 year old found out that you ride part of it in the dark he said "no way" so I made a sacrifice..... and stayed with him. My oldest son and my husband got to ride it twice using our fast passes. Well let me tell you, my husband was shaking when they got off....it made for a lot of teasing. One of my favorite part of the trip was to take the boys to Disney Quest, stay awhile then go off on our own for a while. My husband and I visited all of the Disney Resorts to satisfy our curiosity. We have been to Florida 3 times but stay off property all the time. Well let me tell you, Windsor Hills is way above all of the accomodations that we have seen when it comes to the pools!!! I was not impressed with any of them, very simple and some were downright dirty!!! could not believe it. Having the condo was the highlight of our trip, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full kitchen, washer dryer, we saved so much money on the food bill. It was a great trip and we will have great memories. Drove back home on the 7th of August, stopped for two nights in Myrtle Beach and came home yesterday. Would only stay in condos/villas from now on.

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
961 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Thanks for your report Pat. We go in 6 weeks so great to read another good review.

Everyone is saying to us we must be mad going to the states with all the furore of the last day with terrorists threats and security on red alert- but I'm of the school of thought that you run as much chance of getting run down by a bus on the road. I won't allow a few extremists to ruin my hard -earned holiday.

So it's good to read something good after the last day of doom and gloom.

We are in a condo in Comrow street- you didn't happen to notice where that was did you?

Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: back from Windsor Hills

We are planning on going the second week of December and still trying to decide whether to stay at WH or Disney resorts. The disney resorts are soooo expensive. The only advantage is beingable to go back to your room whenever you want if you get tired . On the other hand kind of looking for some quiet time to. So how did you find your room? What would you suggest for the quietest room there. That is what we are looking for.

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Babymac: Comroy is the street that has the two condos right by the pool, but Comroy goes a way down so your condo could be down the street - but believe me it does not matter. The furthest condos are really not that far - I had seen a map of the layout on the internet and they are much closer to the pool than they appear. You will love it. By the way, we shopped at Publix, it was the cheapest and was great - there is three near Windsor Hills.

Ohio: We went back to our Condo every single time we went to the parks - it's about 5 to 10 minutes away, depending on what park you are visiting. It was really hot, so we usually left around 1pm to swim, relax, eat lunch and returned to the parks around 5pm. It was amazing, and it only cost me $90 per night and the owner gave us one free night for being there 2 weeks, so it averaged out to about $83 per night - unbelievable. Please look further into Windsor Hills - it is unbeatable. Like I said we visisted most of the Disney resorts and could not believe our eyes at what you pay for what you get.

Ohio
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Thanks Pat. The problem I am having is my husband and I have gotten real spoiled as to a 1bedroom suite over just a room. Most places at disney does not have suites. With no kids now we kind of look more into the more quiet places. Really don't know how much time we will really spend at disney just going to roam around and see the decorations during the christmas season. So how is this resort laid out and which would be a quiet , scenic area?

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Ohio: our condo at Windsor Hills was quiet, they do not allow people to play music at the pool - and quiet time is enforced between 11pm and 7am. Never heard a sound at night for the two weeks we were there. I guess if you're going just you and your husband then a 2-bed condo might be too much. Of all the Disney resorts we visited Animal Kindgom was very nice but very pricey and the Boardwalk Villas were also nice but pricey. If you want a 1 bed villa/room you should check Disney's Vacation Villas - I think they are time shares you can rent. If you are not planning on doing much of Disney I would definitely not stay on Disney property, unless you have a lot of money to spend. You could also check the Swan or the Dolphin. But by god stay away from the value resorts, I've never seen so many kids in my life!!!!

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
961 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Thanks pat for that info.

Is Publix cheaper than Walmart then? I always thought walmart was cheapest.

Are any of the supermarkets within walking distance or is it all jump in the car. Also could you tell us how far Formosa Garden mall is?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
445 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: back from Windsor Hills

No Publix is NOT cheaper im here now typing this from WH and we have shopped @ both, my examples are Cold cuts are approx $9 per pound @ Publix and $5 per pound @ Walmart case of Publix 16.9 0z water 5.99, Walmart Nestle pure life case of water 16.90z 3.99, please trust me as i hate Walmart but im cheap, one last complaint the Traffic signs absolutely are the worst and Confsuing and placed in the worst places!!!

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Publix vs. Wal-Mart? It depends on what you are pricing. We wanted to buy some fresh cut-up fruit and it was cheaper at Publix. At Publix we got 2 boxes of cereal for the price of one, two boxes of granola for the price of one....among other things. And also the drive to Wal-Mart is much further than any of the 3 Publix nearby. We preferred to go every 3 days or so as to not waste anything so for us it ended up being easier to go the Publix. But if you are going to be going to Wal-Mart then go ahead and check out their prices.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: back from Windsor Hills

Thanks Pat 2505. I just booked Windsor Hill for 2 weks in March. I tried to find reviews but could not find any. I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation and can't wait till we go.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: back from Windsor Hills

So glad you had a great vacation Pat! Windsor Hills sounds beautiful! I do have to say though that I've stayed at most of the Disney resorts with our favorite being the Yacht and Beach Club mainly because of the fabulous location but Stormalong Bay which is thier 3 acre sand bottom pool is fabulous and always spotless when we are there so I wouldn't say that all the pools in Disney are dirty.