We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

Has anyone pre-ordered 'treats' on their Virgin Atlantic flight? It's my soon-to-be hubby's birthday when we're on our flight to Orlando (from Gatwick), so I'd seen that you can order some champagne and a small cake; just wanted to see what others experience of this was like.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Level Contributor
351 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

On my birthday last year my daughter ordered me the 4 cup cakes and a small bottle of champagne.

They were delivered to my seat between when we took off and before dinner came round.

They had a card that had been filled out by my daughter on line in advance and they were really nice. The little bottle did two glasses . A nice treat.

Level Contributor
250 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

We've not ordered anything for the plane before, but have you thought about using their lounge as the test before the flight? We've done the virgin holidays one and the clubhouse and thought both were a fantastic way to stay the holiday and good value for money! Just thought I'd suggest it.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

Thanks for these replies. We got passes for the Gatwick No. 1 Lounge, for free, so we're not likely to purchase passes to the virgin lounge.

I do quite like the idea of on-board gifts like champers and cupcakes, as it'll be more of a surprise for my hubby to be :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

Ive also ordered the small cupcakes and champers...cc asked for hubby to make himself known to the cabin crew , he wondered what on earth had gone on as we were half way through the flight! I would order them again.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
109 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

Could someone post the link for ordering the cupcakes? Can find champagne online but nothing about cupcakes! Thanks!

6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Bday Treats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question