We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney resort transport from airport

South Africa
Level Contributor
382 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Disney resort transport from airport

I can't seem to make up my mind on renting a car on the airport and drive to the Disney resort or use the Disney bus to resort and rent a car later when I need one. Are the busses reliable and on time? Do they take forever to drop off other residents?

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

I guess it depends on how many days you want the car for. Also for me I'm quite happy being able to check in at resort so no more fafing when get to airport. Also just less things to worry about on day of departure.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

Disney has the Magical Express pretty much down to a science. The buses will only go to one or two resorts- ours went to Coronado Springs and the All Stars. We waited about 10 minutes but I don't know if that's the average or not and they don't just endlessly hang out, either. We loaded up and about 2 minutes later we were on our way. Just take along a change of clothing in your carry on in case your luggage gets hung up at the airport as ours did.

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
223 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

For us, the decision regarding whether to rent a car, or not, depends of where on property we are staying. If we are staying at any of the Epcot area, or Magic Kingdom resorts – we do not rent a car. If we are staying at any of the Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney Resorts – we always rent a car – this includes the value resorts. We usually come to WDW for three or four days 2-3 times a year so we don’t want to waste time waiting for the busses. To help with the cost I usually use the website Priceline.com and bid on my own car. I’ve saved tons to money this way.

Resort Bus reliability can be spotty. On our last visit this past February, we stayed at the Beach Club and had to wait 45 minutes for a bus the Animal Kingdom. Normally we wait about 15-20 minutes for a bus.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

We are huge Magical Express and Disney transport fans. Wouldn't dream of renting a car; even when we are going to Universal. Driving is not our idea of a holiday.

South Africa
Level Contributor
382 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

Thanks for info. We are in Orlando for 10 days and staying at the Disney art and animation resort.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

The time you wait for the Magical Express to depart is probably tantamount to the time you will wait in line/check in/etc for your rental car.

I never rent a car in Orlando, even when making excursions off Disney site. I think parking and all that process to be a waste of time and energy. I actually have never rented a car while on vacation anywhere in the world. I prefer to arrange alternate transportation that worry about driving in a foreign country. If you do need to rent a car for some reason, I would save the dough and only rent it for the time you actually need to use it for as opposed to locking it in from flight in to flight out.

7. Re: Disney resort transport from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17