We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Ok - so trying to plan out the day to Animal Kingdom as our last trip there, we missed a lot and didn't spend much time there. Plan to be at the park at rope drop. This is our plan so far:

8:55 Kilimanjaro Safari

10:00 Dinosaur

10:30 Triceratops Spin

10:45 Primeval Whirl

11:35 Minnie & Mickey (FP selection)

Lunch

1:30 meet Russell and Doug (may decide not to do this depending on kids)

2:55 Expedition Everest (FP selection),

4:15 Kali River Rapids (FP selection)

I definitely want to add it's tough to be a bug, Pocahontas meet and greet, flights of wonder, Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo the musical. The disney website is not showing the show times for all of these attractions.

Pocahontas has meet and greet at late as 7:30 so I will add that at 7:30. Any recommendations on how I should fit in the Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo and the Flights of wonder? Should I move my FP selections to later? Will these shows be on later since the park will be open until 8 pm? Thanks in advance! Jamey

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Depending on when you're going, the lion king show is not running right now. They are working on a new spot for it.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

I like doing the Kali Rapids early then we can dry off whilst walking round.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Oh no! I didn't know the Lion King wasn't running now!! We are going May 31-June 7. I love that show! Boo!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Oh no! I didn't know the Lion King wasn't running now!! We are going May 31-June 7. I love that show! Boo!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

It looks like a solid base, but be aware as currently scheduled, you will be zig-zagging across the park walking a bit.

I believe the shows will not mirror the park hours. They will start mid-morning and end prior to park close. The outdoor shows will end before dusk. They also tend to be more crowded as the day goes on.

It's Tough to be a Bug is an attraction and will run continuously all day.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,621 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

that's too bad Jamey, but it does free up time anyway :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Lion King is suppose to re-open (allegedly) in June sometime, but there is no date yet.

You could stop at Pocahontas after the Safari in the morning since it's pretty close by.

Between Mickey/Minnie and Russell/Dug you could hit Flights of Wonder and then do lunch after. I'd check the show schedule online. Flights of Wonder doesn't have a lot of shows.

Finding Nemo is long. Like 40 minutes long. You would have to try to fit it in somewhere or go really late after you've seen everything.

You could also try to fit It's Tough to be a Bug between Russell and Dug and Everest. It's only a 10 minute show, but you usually get stuck in the pre-show holding area (the cave) for 10 minutes before.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
917 posts
764 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

We were there this last Saturday 10th May. I understand there were technical difficulties with the FP wrist bands. With so many people now with FP the computers are being overwhelmed.

Hope they have it fixed soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

Well that's not good! Hopefully they have whatever kinks worked out soon!

10. Re: Animal Kingdom Itinerary and question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17