We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

packed lunch

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
packed lunch

Just wanted to know if anyone can help with this question.

We r a family of 4 travelling with 2 older family members & what to save money on food.

Can we take a packed lunch into every park & not which parks can't we?

We then want to go back to are villa for tea as we have some picky eaters. If we have paid for parking in the morning at as theme park do we need to pay again if we go back after tea.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: packed lunch

You can take food into the Disney parks just not in large coolers & no glass bottles,also you can't take straws into Animal Kingdom.

You can't take food into Seaworld but there are lockers outside the park that you could leave things in and come out to eat.

Not entirely certain about Universal but someone is sure to advise.

as long as you keep the receipt you can go back to the park in the evening without paying for parking again

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: packed lunch

once you have paid for parking..you keep the ticket and just show it when you return. With disney you can use it to park at any of the other disney parks. So if you want to spend the day at animal kingdom then want to go on to magic kingdom in the evening you can do that.

You can take food with you into the parks, personally i would take snacks rather than a full picnic lunch. You are more likely to snack in queues than sit down and eat a lunch. Seaworld & Animal kingdom are strict and do not allow packed lunches, but ive taken snacks in fine. They have a list of things like straws and lids and stuff like that you cant take in. Aquatica only allows single serving snacks, so you can take bags of crisps but not a tube of pringles or a large sharing pack of crisps. Im not sure about universal as ive havent been recently.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: packed lunch

See the top question about food at top right of the page when on the full tripadvisor site. While you can renter and only pay parking once per day this may not be very realistic for some locations due to the time involved.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: packed lunch

Thanks for your help.

Just want to know if I have this right I can park at any disney park & it covers the parking at any of the other disney park for that day.

If we kept the lunch in the car & came out to the car are there nice grassed area's close to the car parks to eat lunch?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,089 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: packed lunch

There are no grassed areas - the car parks are just big parking lots

You only pay to park once

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: packed lunch

The car park for MK is over a mile away.

You would have to, leave the park, get the ferry boat or monorail, walk out past ticket booths, get on a tram, (or walk) to get to the "area" your car is parked, find your car, then sit in a row of cars, in (depending the time of year) 90+ deg of heat! to have your picnic, which has been sat in the car for a few hours, which will be over 100deg inside;-);-)

Then do the opposite to return to MK. Possibly a couple of hours journey, for a sandwich:-(

Not a good idea :-(

Better idea, have a good breakfast, have a light snack during the day, then a nice meal in the evening:-)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: packed lunch

You absolutely can bring packed lunches into all of the Disney parks, including Animal Kingdom as long as you follow the rules-no alcohol, glass (baby food jars excepted) or large coolers and no straws in Animal Kingdom. I do this a lot-15-20 times a year.

I go during the slower times when the counter service venues don't fill. I purchase a drink and eat there. My favorite spots are:

Magic Kingdom-Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland-the counter is never open when I'm there but the tables are still available.

Epcot-The area outside the Liberty Inn usually has lots of empty tables. There are also tables on the verandah upstairs just outside the Mexico pavilion. Upstairs at Electric Umbrella is nice when it's hot out and EU has free refills on soft drinks. Sunshine Seasons also does free refills but tables tend to be harder to come by there.

Hollywood Studios-Backlot Express is huge, air conditioned and has free drink refills.

Animal Kingdom-Seating is scenic and plentiful at Flame Tree Barbecue. Restaurantosaurus is huge, air conditioned and has free drink refills.

SeaWorld does have picnic areas just outside the park gates. Can't help with the other parks.

Hope this helps!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: packed lunch

You can take packed lunches into the Disney parks and Universal parks. We've just returned and took our lunch in a small cooler into the parks on most days. We saw people taking large coolers into SeaWorld, although it does state that this is not allowed.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: packed lunch

We can absolutely take food into all of the Disney parks just not large coolers or rolling coolers. We found really nice backpack coolers that are collapsible and hold enough food and water bottles in two of them for eight people to have lunch and snacks for the day. You only need to pay to park once.

10. Re: packed lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17