We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

Today is the day,Dessert party day.Spent morning by pool,the weather has been great up to now.went out for lunch about 2pm,ended up at Golden Coral,ok I know not the best but OH wanted a buffet,it was packed,then realised it was Mother's Day,who takes their mam to GC? Apparently a lot of people,lol.The pot roast was nice,so was Turkey and beef,there just wasn't much choice of veg,the mash had been mashed to within an inch of its life,OH enjoyed it but me,not so much,at $29.80 plus tip not the cheapest meal we've had either.

Headed of to MK 6ish,jumped on the Disney Transport Bus,it's great you get dropped off straight outside entrance gate,no boat or monorail to use.takes about 20 mins to get there.Had FP for Peter Pan,I don't know why but I love this,OH tolerates it for me,then headed to Splash Mountain,tried real hard to keep dry but somehow ended up at the front,typical had done my hair and makeup for Dessert Party,waste of time by the time we came off SM,headed next door to Big Thunder Mountain Railway.even though we have had FP for most of rides,we have joined some long FP lines,they go a lot quicker than the stand by queues,I think people are sometimes a bit surprised by this.

Then it was off to the Dessert Party,we arrived about 20 mins early and there was a bit of a queue.we thought it was a case of first there best seats,when they started letting us in a server took us to our table which had a card on it with your name on,luckily because we were only a 2 we were seated right at front,result,they then told us you are allowed to move to railings to watch fireworks.as we were seated the Electrical Parade was starting,unfortunately because they've put a screen up to hide some work being done we couldn't really see the parade.The important bit now,the dessert were absolutely gorgeous,there were strawberry dessert,choc dessert,lime desserts,tiramisu cakes,cookies,all types of buns,ice cream,fruit and half a dozen different soft drinks.you could go back as many times as you want,we'd had a plate full before everyone was even in,was good though,had some melon.Was worth the money and the view for the fireworks was great,people started moving to the rails about 9.45 to get a good space though..would definately do it again.we left after fireworks had a slow walk around,late night for us today,didn't get home til 11.30,felt like cinders..asleep by 12 though....zzzzz

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

Great TR!

Sounds like your plan worked perfectly.

The dessert party sounds like a delightful idea.

Thanks for sharing!

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

Dessert Party sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

Do you have a link for this desert party ???or were can I find it ??sounds like my kinda thing and was the view a really good view for the fireworks ?x

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

Hi sounds great might give it a try my self the deserts sound wonderful

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

https:/…

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

I just rang Disney Dining 180 days before I wanted to go,have to pay upfront.I don't know how to put a link on,sorry,i haven't got that technical yet.lol.the view was great,the Tomorowland Restaurant were the party is held is to the right of the castle,just in Tomorowland,

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

I posted the link for you. Sorry should have explained myself!

8. Re: Trip Report May 2014 day 8.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17