We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FatCat's TR part 3.....

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
FatCat's TR part 3.....

Tues 13th - We woke up around 6.30am after a good nights sleep in a wonderfully comfy bed in the penthouse suite. Sat on the balcony and watched the sunrise over Ormond Beach - beautiful !!! Went to the IHOP just down the road for breakfast, was really good and thanks Nicki for the great service. Back to the room to change and then we walked along the beach in the opposite direction to yesterday afternoon. Still can't get over how lovely it is here, so clean and quiet with miles of endless sand. After about an hour and a half we had to pull ourselves away to go and pack up and check out but we definitely be returning to visit again next time we are in Florida. We then drove down to Daytona and parked in the Ocean Walk shopping centre carpark - cost $2 for an hour. Just had a quick look around as we have been many times before and then went to Subway for a sandwich before driving back to the villa in Kissimmee. Arrived back around 2pm and spent the afternoon round the pool after unpacking and doing some washing. Tea was at Outback on Formosa Gardens - another lovely meal and good service from Deborah. We had the usual bread, house salads and classic 9oz sirloins. DH then had an Oreo milkshake and I had a mudslide - cost $57 including tip. Got back to the villa just as it started to rain for the first time in a week.

Wed 14th - Breakfast at the villa this morning and then we headed out to have a stroll round Celebration. Picked up coffee in Starbucks and walked around the lake, stopping to sit and relax on a bench half way and take in the views. Wandered up the main street and looked in a couple of shops before heading back to the car. From here we went to play golf, it was a bit fresher this morning but still warm. Golf took about an hour with me beating DH again!! We then decided to go to Walmart to get the last bits of food shopping we will need to see us through to Tuesday which is our leaving day. Also picked up a couple of 16GB memory sticks for a friend at $ 12.97 each. Sad I know but we also bought some ranch dressing to take home with us!! Back to the villa for lunch and then chilled around the pool in between rain showers. Tea was Domino's pizza - half & half 16 inch is plenty for two - cost $19. Went down very nicely with a couple of glasses of wine from Lakeridge winery!

Thurs 15th - And yes you guessed it another early morning! Really don't seem to be able to lie in - we will need another holiday when we get home at this rate! Breakfast at the villa again today - really helps if your on a budget or just get tired of eating out all the time. Back to premium outlets on Vineland where DH picked up two shirts he had seen previously in Bass - should have been $68 each but had 60% off so got both for $42! I got 25% off two bras in Maiden form - really good bargains! We also nipped into the Disney outlet store and picked up our one day tickets for Epcot to save queuing at the park tomorrow. Back onto 192 where we stopped off at Dunkin Donuts - I had a Boston cream and a latte and DH had a tea and a chocolate cream - mmmmm very nice and only $8. Went to the Big Orange to get my best friends mum a jar of their orange marmalade, she loves it and I always take her one back every time we visit. Had a quick walk round the Flea market and then headed back to the villa where we linked our Disney tickets and got fast passes ready for tomorrow. Quick bite to eat and then went to TJ-Max, Ross and Super Target on 192. Now back at the villa updating you all and tea tonight is Chillis at Cagan Crossings. Its been raining on and off all afternoon but is supposed to brighten up again in the morning.

Will let you know how we get on at Epcot with the fast passes, etc. Anyone who red my TR's last year will know we had a Disney free vacation last time. Should be a good day as we are hoping to meet up with my best friend and her DH. They are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a week but leave on Saturday so this is our last chance to meet up - fingers crossed we will be able to find them!!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Love your TR's there so much more detailed than mines lol and I know what you mean about waking up early everyday I've woken at sum ungodly hour, but on the plus side I've seen some gorgeous sunrises and gotten to the parks nice and early, hope the remainder of your holiday goes well

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Thanks simple_stop! When do you go home?

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Whoops that should have said simple_stoo!!! Predictive text can be a real pain lol

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Hey Fatcat, you've posted part 3 twice! I thought I was going crazy, was thinking to myself sure I've just commented on this lol!

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

I know fifer - tried to delete one as a duplicate posting but its still there!!

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Hee hee, they must be leaving it because it's good enough to read twice lol!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

Enjoyed reading your TR, all sounds lovely. Enjoy Epcot-hope it goes well :0)

8. Re: FatCat's TR part 3.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16