We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wdw and universal and seaworld?

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
wdw and universal and seaworld?

My husband and I are heading to Orlando at the end of Sept. I am having a hard time deciding how many days to spend and where. Thinking 4 days at disney and 2 at univeral? Would you recommend a day at seaworld too?

I originally was planning on staying onsite at Disney all week but do you all think switching to a universal hotel for those days would be worth it?

pa
Level Contributor
54,374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

Welcome to the forum

For a week I wouldn't bother switching locations

I would plan at least the 4 days for Disney Parks, a full day for each of the 4 Parks, you can always add on an extra day to a Disney Base Magic Your Way Ticket for only a few dollars more then the 4 day price, if you want another day or two

Two days for Universal should be fine, a full day for each of the two Universal Parks

Have you seen the two current Disney Resort Offers ? Free Dining or Room Discounts ?

You can get the Ticket and transport option for visiting the Universal Parks, they pick you up at your Disney Resort. More info if wanted :)

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

Thanks so much for the response, partpa!

Yes, we are planning on taking advantage of the room discount. I didnt realize that there was a transportation ticket available...I'll look into doing that!

Thanks!!

Edited: 16 May 2014, 00:21
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

If you do not have children with you I would only do Disney one day and stay for the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom.. Will you have a car? Would go to SeaWorld for a day and definitely stay on site at Universal for the benefits if it is in the budget. Personally Universal is our favorite as feel Disney is more for the kids but to each their own.

pa
Level Contributor
54,374 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

The ticket and transport option for Universal is available here

www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

We have used it many times, very reliable and only costs a bit more then the ticket itself

Which Resorts are you thinking about ?

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

4 days for Disney, 2 days for Universal, and Sea World is definitely worth it, 2 amazing coasters there.

I did change hotels while I was there to get the perks from both properties.

If you stay at Disney you'll get the extra magic hours, if you stay at Universal you get the express pass for free (totally worth it since you skip the line at all rides except Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) and you get an early entry to the Wizarding World of HP where you can ride the Forbidden Journey without the need of the express pass and catch the Ollivanders show with no wait line.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

At seaworld now, very quiet indeed,

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,548 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

I did Universal and Sea World in February. I paid out of pocket for the unlimited express pass and it was worth every penny to me to skip the lines. I was lapping people in line for the coasters and Dr. Doom. You get the pass for free if you stay in a Universal hotel, but I found it was cheaper to stay at a Universal Good Neighbor hotel and purchase the pass. It quickly becomes cheaper to stay onsite at Universal as the size of your group increases.

I would switch hotels. There was something so nice about walking back to the hotel after a long day in the park. You can also take a break if need be. You can't do that with a tranportation transfer.

I returned to Sea World for the first time in several years specifically to try the Antarctica attraction after having visited the real Antarctica in 2012. It was a massive disappointment. Not only was it a very poor interpretation of Antarctica, but as a ride, it was TERRIBLE. (I think they were trying to replicate the ride technology from Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo Disney - which was fantastic - but the Sea World version lasts about 60 seconds) When I left the park, I said to myself it was the last time I would go there. There just wasn't much to do. Manta and Kraken are good coasters, but unless you are really into the shows, then I would give Sea World a miss. Other than the whales, my local aquarium does a better job showcasing marine life.

If the decision is how to allocate 6 days then I would skip Sea World. If the decision is whether to add a 7th day to include Sea World, then I would take a hard look at the website and read about the shows and rides and decide if there is enough of interest to you to warrant the extra day.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

FYI, journey to Atlantis is closed for refurbishment

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

Partypa, I am looking at port orleans resorts, probably riverside...seems to be a highly recommended moderate range option.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wdw and universal and seaworld?

Anonymous, thanks for the seaworld insight. I will have to look into if we really want to do it amd maybe just a part day. I think it may be a nice change of pace from the other parks, but maybe something to save for a return visit.

Getting a lot of support for changing hotels. Love having a variett of opinions, although it does make decisions more difficult! Lol