We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

old key west

London, United...
Level Contributor
676 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
old key west

Hi all. I upgraded from cbr to okw yesterday for august 2015. On the okw ta page it says free breakfast but that wasn't mentioned to me by Disney. Is this just an error on the page? Many thanks in advance

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: old key west

No free breakfast that I am aware of. Where did you see this?

London, United...
Level Contributor
676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: old key west

It's in the okw ta page on where it tells u the amenities. I can't do a link on my phone but can later. I didn't think it would and won't need it with the meal plan but thought i'd ask. Many thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: old key west

Just had a look, that's incorrect no free breakfast.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 12:53
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: old key west

There is no room service either.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: old key west

There is a current special offer available to people in the UK where they offer free breakfast for bookings in 2015 but as far as I'm aware this is only value resorts where free dining is not offered. I think it's an error.

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: old key west

Hi Stephkane, we are also looking at old key west but for April/ may 2015 but it said that included in the price was the dinning plan if you booked before July 2014.

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: old key west

Sorry Stephkane had another look and you would have to use one of your counter service allowance then for breakfast which probably would not benefit you. Have you had any reports about the okw? I thought it looked nice enough but was concerned as it seemed to be mainly used for the disney vacation club members.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: old key west

OKW is nice, not my favourite Disney resort but it's OK. The rooms are large but the layout of the resort is terrible, resulting in long walks to the main pool and reception if you're in the wrong area.

We much prefer SSR, being able to walk to DTD is a bonus for us and although SSR is a large resort too it's a much better layout being in a kind of circle as opposed to spurs of one long road as it is at OKW. SSR has much better pools and food options too.

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: old key west

Thanks thanks USLovers, had looked at SSR but the only thing that put me of slightly was that in the room there was 1bed and a sofa bed. We will have 2 kids with us, daughter age 11 and son age 3 and I don't think I could be bothered having to make up a bed every evening when we would come in from the parks and don't think my husbands budget would stretch to us upgrading the room! Lol. Any other thoughts you have would be greatly welcomed. On our previous visits we have stayed in the pop century and it has always been fine, rooms and resort were always clean and tidy, transport to and from the parks couldn't have been any better and our daughter loved the decor! But with such a good deal with the dining plan being thrown in and we will upgrade it to have a sit down meal every evening, we thought we would take the opportunity to try somewhere better than the value resorts.

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: old key west

Should have just been one thanks at the start of that, new phone and it has a mind of its own! Lol