We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report May Day 10

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report May Day 10

Back to Hollywood Studio today,my fav park.First headed I headed to hot tub and OH to gym,so impressed with his dedication,spends and hour in here everyday but Sunday,he goes so he can eat whatever he wants.so he goes there and I go laze.went to Walmart later on,I normally hate food shopping at home but love it in here.think its probably because of all the clothes.Just had a bagel,got a pack from Walmart $2.98 for 6, back at room.then off to HS.

We headed here about 12.30pm had the Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose for 4.50pm.Had booked FP for Lights,Motors,Action show at 1.20pm,don't waste your FP,you just went through FP entrance then joined everyone else.My OH likes this,must admit though the driving is pretty good!they have changed it slightly as well,which is good if you've seen it a few times.Next we had FP for Toy Story,the wait queue was well over an hour,my OH can't understand the fuss about this ride,doesn't mind waiting 15/20 mins but wouldn't bother if it was longer,I do like it though,he beat me by loads,he always does,scored over 100,000,don't know how he does it.Off to Muppets next,Not really changed much in all the times we've been to see it but still enjoy it.Had a bit of wander round shops,the Xmas shop is smaller than the one at DTD but still like to have a look,headed to MM for our reservation about 4.30pm, seated within about 5/10 mins.Never been here before,lovely in side,tables not too close and booths around the edge,if you sit in one side you can see in the kitchen.We were seated and told our server would be across shortly.think we sat for about 10 mins til she came,she had a really strong New Jersey accent,sounded like a gangsters moll!! Not sure if it was put on or not.lol.The package we had entitled us to starter,main and a sweet sampler to share,soft drinks( can have alcohol but have to pay for this)and priority tickets for Fanatasmic,at $37.99 it was the most expensive meal we'd had but the food was delicious,OH had a salad with beef slices(can't remember name),followed by the chicken alla parmigiana,while I had mozzarella on vine tomatoes followed by charred strip steak,he even thought the sauce was better than the one he makes,and his is very good,mine was lovely,the steak was the best I'd had here up to now.lastly the dessert,it was 3 different ones,just small(thank god,was so full by now felt sick)the chocolate one was our fav,the other 2 not,1 was like a creamy vanilla with mango sauce on top,the other one wasn't sure what it was.so,we left,$92.40 lighter in our wallet but about 4lbs heavier in ourselves! We walked slowly for a while,note to self,don't have a big meal and have FP for TOT and Aerosmith....We headed over to TOT about 6.30 still feeling full,luckily there was a gap between rides so did Aerosmith first,making sure we weren't at the back,got back seat last time and didn't enjoy it as much,it's a lot more bumpy at back.then sat fora bit before TOT,don't know what happens to FP line in here but def the longest wait,same last time we had FP for this,it's def quicker than standby queue but still took about 20 mins before hot on ride.By now it was after 8pm,our tickets for Fantasmic said arrive 8.25-8.45,they'd starting letting in about 7.30 for the 9pm show.couldnt believe the queue at this time.we went in abou 8.15,wanted to have a good view and was a bit concerned by the number go people going in,we had to go through FP entrance then everyone walks up together,thinking I could have saved neary $100's and got a FP!!!anyway got to the top and you split off all standby go to one side and FP and Fantasmic Pacakge people go the other.FP go to the left of theatre and the Fantamic people get to sit in the 3/4 middle sections,when we got there there was hardly anyone sat in there,we could have sat right on front row,oh ye of little faith,sat about 6 rows back,waitress had told us if you sit at front you'll get wet.by the time show started it was neatly full.brilliant view,fantastic show,we did get bit wet from the water fountains but think that may depend on which way wind is blowing.It does get a bit scary I think for small kids when Mickey is fighting the villains,few scared looking kids around us but Mickey saves the day.of course this is Disney.definately a must see.

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report May Day 10

Sounds like so much fun! Makes me want to go!

cambridge. uk
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report May Day 10

Really great and helpful TR.Thanks for sharing.

Could you choose freely ftom the MM menu we ith your Fantasmic package or was it a limited choice? Thinking of whether to do this in Dec but family of 6 so expensive. If you did this again would you just go for Fast passes?

hull
Level Contributor
265 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report May Day 10

For the Fantasmic Package you have to pay the $37.99 for the tickets for Fantasmic.i agree it is expensive when there' s a few of you.You can pick anything off the normal menu.My steak on menu was priced at $29.99 and starter about $7/8 I think,so I got my monies worth!!typical Yorkshire lass,OH's main was a bout $23,starter $9.99,include dessert and soft drinks it's about the money and you get good seats,must admit normally we just have a main so it was a more food than we normally have and wouldn't normally spend this much in one meal but we wanted to try out,would probably do it again simply for view of Fantasmic and being able to arrive after 8pm and still get good seat.also the food was lovely.Using a FP is ok but they where queuing before 7.30pm even with FP's.I just don't want to be sat for 90 mins waiting for show,they do have entertainers,who were quite funny,they start about 8.30pm.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,557 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report May Day 10

Another great day and TR, thanks for sharing!

5. Re: Trip Report May Day 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17