We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast options?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast options?

I am so excited! I was able to get all of our dining reservations with no problem! I was so nervous. We have never been to any of these places, so we are really looking forward to experiencing each and ever one of them: O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, 50's prime time cafe, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Boma and The Crystal palace.

Anyway, my question is if there are other options we can use for breakfast besides pastries? We decided to use our counter service for lunch only to get the most bang for our buck. Is there any other things that we can purchase with our snack credits for breakfast? If not, no biggie. I just thought i would check with you guys. Thanks!

pa
Level Contributor
54,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast options?

Here is the current listing for Snack Credits

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215018

We often get a fruit bowl and a few muffins or bagels and share between at least two of us or use a counter service for a bigger breakfast to share and then share again at lunch, especially if we having a big dinner

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast options?

Hmmm...that's a, good idea party pa. I should have thought of sharing because i remember that the portions were huge for us. I'm pretty sure that my mom will be ok with it. Thanks for your help and for providing the handy link.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast options?

We did a variety of things for breakfast.

Got fruit salad, muffin, cookie or other items with our counter service meal and put it in the fridge for breakfast the following day.

Used a snack credit to buy biscuits and gravy, bagel and soft cheese or similar for breakfast.

Brought some cereal and milk and used that in the room (we had a kitchen)

We found that sometimes we didnt eat lunch because the kids just wanted an ice cream so we did that and saved the credit for another day.

TBH there are loads of things you can get with snack credits and some are very filling. so you can use a meal for breakfast and a snack for lunch or visa versa..you wont go hungry

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast options?

That's a good idea travelbug, I wrote that on my reminder list. We never eat everything that comes with the counter service meals anyway.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast options?

Never done the dining plan as it's way too much food for me, but might I suggest bringing breakfast with you from home? If you don't find food you actually WANT to eat for breakfast with credits, then you can use snack credits for souvenirs and snacks to bring home and remember the magic a bit.

I usually bring a zucchini bread or some breakfast bars from home. It's quick, and cheap, then we splurge on ice cream or frozen lemonade later:)

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast options?

We stayed at Animal Kingdom and my daughter discovered that the biscuits and gravy were a snack credit. Some of our party brought boxes of cereal, disposable bowls and spoons in their suitcases and bought milk at the gift shop or Mara. (That left room for souvenirs)

We also divided up many of the quick service meals to make them go further. We all had plenty to eat!

I think you are wise to use your QS credits for lunch because it is a better value than breakfast which is usually less expensive. If you do use a QS at breakfast they did not differentiate between adults and kids and so always got the adult meal to share.

Edited: 22 May 2014, 14:53
7. Re: Breakfast options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:18