We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Hi,

We are thinking of taking a Disney trip with our 2 kids who are under 3. We are interested in finding a parent's helper sort of babysitter for an hour or two while in the park. Mostly so my husband and I could go on rides like Splash mountain together, etc. I know there is the babyswap option, but it is so much nicer to experience rides together. I saw the information on the Disney babysitting in the resorts and they say a babysitter can come into the park if you purchase a ticket for them. This would be so expensive! Any other options? Are there babysitters with annual passes?

Thanks!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Hi, from what I've read on the Disney website they will only look after children who are fully toilet trained. Not sure if that would include yours? I havn't ever heard of a service in the parks though, just the resort hotels.

You could always do what we're doing and go with family, my parents are coming so they get to enjoy Disney and seeing their grandchild have fun, and hubby and I also get to enjoy rides and time together :)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
638 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

You can check out kidsniteout.com. I have never used them but they have been recommended on other boards. Looks like they charge around $18 an hour for 2 children. It also states they have "mother's helpers" and there is a 4 hour minimum.

Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Thanks! I know kidsniteout has babysitters, but the site says you have to pay entry into Disney parks for those babysitters, making it super expensive. Anyone know of other options?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,083 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Truly, the cheapest way is, to bring an adult with you (from nanny to grandparent) or to leave the children behind at home in their care for a very short break w/o them.

I have done it all 3 ways (paying extra for an adult to come with me into parks, paid extra for a villa over a hotel room, and paid extra to bring them to Florida on top of regular salary.

There is no easy and cheap option.Each one has its cost and drawbacks.

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
636 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Give yourself a gift and take an early morning out with just you and your husband. No one said leaving them out of the park for a few hours would make you a bad parent. They too can enjoy some non stroller play time. The Disney resorts have nice play areas for the little tots. Plus 4 hours would not be that long at all considering the ride to the park and back. You guys are human and Young enjoy while you can.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

When ours were that young we hired Kids Nite Out for 2 or 3 evenings, to come to our resort room. We headed to the parks to ride a few adult rides and would opt for a "quick service" meal followed by evening shows/fireworks or enjoy a lovely seated meal. This covered the 4 hour minimum, without paying park admission.

Happy planning!

Boston...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Thank you all so much!

Rushville, Illinois
Level Contributor
415 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Dont mean to hijack the thread, but is the kids nite out something you have to book way in advance or can it be done as a spur of the moment kind of thing?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Amanda: KNO prefers 2 to 3 days notice, so they can secure a sitter. We always book a month in advance, however you can call "last minute" and hope they have someone available.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Options for brief babysitting inside the park?

Everything at Disney requires advance planning these days haha.