We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

I found a cheaper flight to fly into Orlando on a Friday night at 10pm instead of waiting until Saturday morning. Now where to stay for that one night? Right now we have a one night stay booked at the Beach Club, garden view for one night, then we switch over to the Yacht Club to start the free dining for a week.

I have a few options.

Book another nights stay at Beach Club for $500

Swan/dolphin $300

Orlando airport Hyatt $170

or any Disney resort and then catch a cab to Beach/Yacht club

We will not have a car on this trip, just using Magical Express and on site transportation.

Because of the price we should pick the Orlando airport, but the boys are excited and just want to get to a Disney resort that first night. Swan/dolphin would save us money compared to Beach club, but we would have to walk over with our luggage the next day.

Beach Club, we would already be there. Convenience of not having to move our stuff that morning, but paying more.

We haven't ever stayed at any of these. We will have two boys ages 10 and 11 with us.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 13:45
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Excitement aside, I would simply get a room at the airport. I'm not sure how long your flights are, but for the difference in price and the fact that you're getting in so late I would highly recommend staying there. Especially since you are really only getting there in time to sleep. Hyatt airport is a decent enough hotel and for a quick bite the next morning you have all the food options available in the terminal.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,564 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

I agree about staying at the airport. If you decide not to do that, look for the swan/dolphin on booking.com or one of those other sites, you may find it cheaper than $300. Not a big deal walking over with the luggage really :)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Thanks!

I just checked and if I cancel my first night at the Beach club and then make another reservation for the first two nights then I can choose between Beach Club 1 Bd villa, Beach Club pool/lagoon view room, or Yacht club pool/lagoon view room. That is if I don't pick airport or swan/dolphin.

For the week of our free dining that starts on the 9th we are in the garden view room at the Yacht. If there was a garden view there for the first two nights then I would just pick that, but they don't have any available right now. I would have booked the whole week together, but they wouldn't let me since the free dining has to be booked as a separate reservation.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

If you arrive the night before, and are staying at S&D, you can't use Magical express so you'd have to take a taxi- add that to the cost. Pretty sure you can only use ME if checking in the same day at a Disney resort. So that could add to using the airport hotel.

You could check out early the next am (and use the ME from the airport), check into your Disney resort early, then hit the parks.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 14:07
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Thanks Amanx!

If I can't use ME to get to the Swan/dolphin then I will scratch that one. I would rather spend the extra money spent on cab to stay at Beach/Yacht.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

As you've surmised, avoid S & W. You lose your ME perk. However, you could stay at any Disney value resort for less than the airport. ME to Value. Disney value resort moves your luggage to Y&B the next day. You go on to the parks and return to your new Disney resort. Magical!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,815 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

If the extra cost of the extra night at the Beach Club isn't a big deal, I'd do that, otherwise I think I'd be inclined to book two nights at Port Orleans Riverside, assuming you can still get the Magical Express at 10PM, and then let Disney move you to the Yacht Club.

Edited: 22 May 2014, 12:53
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Thanks!

I was wondering if Disney would move our luggage for us.

I have thought about just staying at another Disney Resort for the first two night, but the boys want to hit up Stormalong Bay pool as soon as they can that first day since that is our only day to hang out at the pool all day. For now we have decided to just pay the extra and stay at the Yacht Club, pool view (cheapeast room for now) so that we can take our time the next morning. I have made reservations for Beaches and Cream at 11, then plan on getting in as much pool time as possible and then going to the Boardwalk for dinner (corn dogs, etc. Ha! ha!) and maybe catching a movie on the beach. None of us wanted to rush around that morning or have to pack up our stuff a few mornings in a row. I am still debating the airport or another Disney resort for the first night, but for now have the Yacht booked for the whole stay. They didn't have the Yacht available for the first two nights a couple of days ago, but they did when I called to make a reservation for beach.

Not sure who all read my post about our June trip to Portofino. With my APH discount it saved me about $79 a night on our room there for our 5 nights so was thinking that we could use some of our savings from that to put towards the Yacht club stay.

Our flights just came out also and I was able to get our flight to Orlando for $141 each and $151 each for our way home. That night they went up to $190, then to $231, and this morning they are $357! So excited we got them at that price!!

Edited: 22 May 2014, 13:55
Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,815 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Yes one of the onsite benefits is the day you switch hotels, you leave your hotel in the morning, drop your bags off at the bell desk and then return to your new hotel in the afternoon and your bags are waiting for you.

We also take advantage of package delivery. Any purchase we don't want to carry around, we have sent to the hotel.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 night swan/dolphin before Beach/yacht club?

Awesome!