We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coleraine, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Right here goes folks...sorry if it is a bit all over the place!! I never thought i would be witting this, here goes..

22 May.... Left home at 7.30am We flew from Belfast at 11.10am For a very, very nervous flyer i must admitt it wasn't as bad as i thought... Staff where very good and the time seemed to passed well. We arrived in Newark and got luggage and set off about going through immigration.. hubby and me had kids well warned about behaving and stood and smiled and tried to act clam ( not a mission)... the fella was as nice as they come and that was us through.......... ready to get our flight to Orlando... that flight was late leaving and a little rocky by I managed it ok with no medication (maybe the wine helped)!! Headed to get our luggage from baggage reclaim and all I could think about was I hope they hadn't damaged my new suitcases!! We got our luggage (with not no damage) and made our way to Almo... It went smooth enough and I just kept say NO NO NO NO to the chap behind the counter... Fair dues to him he tried to sell me road assistance and the cost but I was firm (thanks to ppl on here) and he gave up..made our way and had our pick of mid range cars.. I walked up and down them measuring the boot space in my brain and picked one... (with 3 kids aged 7,9 and 11 and 5 cases) I was trying to see which one wd do the job.... I settled on a mid sized Dodge Aventure.. GREAT!!! got everything and everyone in.... first we had removed the booster seats we had brought with us for our 7 and 9 yr old (TIP: we purchased 2 new booster seats from argos at £6.99 each and brought them over and will leave them on our return...alot cheaper than hiring)... we got in our car and headed off, nervous about makin it to our villa... then the worst our sat nav didnt seem to be working..... after hubby and me shouting at each other and out eldest cryin that he was scared and going through 3 toils I was convinced we would be spending the night in the car .. but thankfully we got things sorted.. and a 15 minute journey ended up being only 40 mins.... (i am a major control freak)!! We arrived at our villa..It is awesome.... I cannot put into words... at 10.15 at night our kids and us changed and jumped in the pool and had a quick carry on... WE Had arrive.....!!! Nothing, will ever take away the feeling of excitement and relief...Nearly 2 years of planning and saving and we where here!!! After unpacking went to bed at 1am

Day 2 23 May 2014

Up at 5am....my eldest son was up just before me..... Everyone else followed suit.... (TIP 2>>we had got a welcome basket left with mik etc... was able to feed kids, ceral, toast,etc and have my coffee)..... Phoned everyone back home to say We had arrived and we left at 7am..went to Walmart...OMG..spent over hour..even the kids where amazed.. got drinks and headed to Legoland...We had purchased tickets in advance for Legoland and water park, arrived to find water park didnt open till the next day...I wasnt a happy camper, the staff didnt seem to give a hoot..anyway we went on... I must admit was a bit disappointed.. dont know if it was tiredness but a wee bit dissappointed... but on the plus side a great wee park to break the kids in (food and drinks very very expensive in park.(we good 3 sanwiches 4 drinks and 4 ice lollies.... $60)!! plus we spent another $15 on water... (but better being safe with kids)..... we left at 2.30pm as kids a bit tired and hittin 36 degrees// we went home and stopped at Walmart again... we stock up on drinks, fruit and treats etc.. Arrived back at villa and kids all hit the pool along with hubby) I wanted to cook tea, opened wine ( only $ 2.87 @ Walmart) and rang family... We are relaxing at minute and plan early night as we have DISCOVERY COVE tomorrow..... for us as a family hiring a villa is the best, we have the relaxation of home and we are not scared of our kids annoying anyone.

Sorry I have ranted on and this has been an essay, but you cant put into words.. the ppl are so nice, the weather great...lets just hope the rest continues as it has started and either hubby or me will keep the reports comin, without boring you..... WE HAVE ARRIVE IN F L O R I D A !!!

Level Contributor
1,046 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

I can feel your excitement - it's just great, the feeling of just being here after waiting so long , isn't it??!!! Today was HOT! Enjoy Discovery Cove, we are planning Animal Kingdom!

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Glad it is living up to your expectations! Enjoy Discovery Cove.

Ruislip, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Love your TR "rant" yes that feeling of finally getting into your accommodation is great. Sounds like you and your family are/will have a great time. You will definitely enjoy Discovery Cove. I did last year and the memories and photos will last forever.

Bedford, Indiana
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Great TR!

Sounds like you are managing well.

It is TR's like yours that reminds us how it feels on a great adventure, especially a first time doing new things.

Thanks for sharing!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

If you have a freezer section in your fridge, freeze bottles of water overnight and the water will be lovely and cold all the next day as they defrost. Buy large containers of water and decant into small bottles.....it saves such a lot of money. Hope you have a great holiday.

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Great TR Best decision ever a villa it was the first time for us in a villa last year Walmart is fab I agree Enjoy discovery cove

Dundee, Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

great!!! hope you have a fab holiday, look forward to hearing about discovery cove :)

Edited: 24 May 2014, 20:09
Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
35 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Another tip : buy a cool box from Publix (another great supermarket) or Walmart and half fill it with ice from your freezer. Put it in the boot of your car for drinks, fruit etc in to keep them cold. You can bring half into the parks and keep some for a nice cool drink when you get back to the car. Your report reminds me of our first time in Orlando years ago when our boys were young, it was supposed to be a one off but as we loved it so much we went back eight times over the years! We never tire of it and you can do so many different things every year, our fav was always Islands of Adventure. Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,014 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Glad you enjoyed your first two days in Disney.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,961 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 1 and 2 trip report!!! :) :)

Great to read about your excitement, everyone jumping in the pool. Villa sounds great for you :)