We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FatCat's TR final part.....

Level Contributor
1,569 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
FatCat's TR final part.....

Well I'm finally feeling well enough to do the final part of my TR. Been ill since we got back on Wednesday. Here goes;

Sat 17th - After our long day at Epcot yesterday we decided to have a chilling out day. Had breakfast at the villa and just lounged round the pool. We can still not use the pool as the water level has dropped and its still dirty so had to make do with just cooling our feet (there is no-one available at the management company over the weekend and as its classed as a non emergency we would be charged $100 call out fee so will need to wait till Monday). Went to IHOP for lunch, I had the chicken tenders and DH had a turkey club - $23 with drinks and tip. Back to the villa for more sunbathing and then went to Outback steakhouse again for tea - $77 with drinks and tip. Another great meal and really good service.

Sun 18th - Up early this morning pack the cool box with drinks and got the swimsuits together as its Cocoa Beach today! Headed to IHOP for breakfast and we were off by 7.45am. Took the scenic route straight along the 192 to Melbourne - takes about 2 hours to get to Ron Jon's. Had a look around and bought a couple of bits, a stuffed turtle in a hoodie for me and DH has always wanted one of the hula ladies for his dashboard lol so he finally got one. Had a quick walk on the beach and then went to Subway for an early lunch followed by DQ ice cream. On the drive up we had seen a car show so decided to go and take a look. It was the beach blast at the International Palms hotel on Cocoa beach so not only were they showing cars there was also power boat racing. Spent a good hour here looking at the cars and watching the power boats. Then it was time to head to Tables Beach near the air force base to cool down and relax for a few hour's. Lovely!!! Stopped of at Dominos on the way back - chicken strips, large half and half pizza and chocolate dessert all for $30!! We were stuffed after eating all that. Just watched TV and had an early night - gosh holidays are exhausting lol.

Mon 19th - IHOP for breakfast again as we have run out of food at the villa. Then headed to DTD to pick up so last minute souvenirs. Then off to Premium outlets again to pick up 4 pairs of converse for Xmas presents - that was hard work the sizing is all over the place and the staff weren't very helpful, if it wasn't for 2 other ladies from the UK helping me I think I would still have been there!!! Back to the villa and stopped off for our last Twister Treat. Back at the villa I was on the phone to the management company to sort out the pool as we have not been able to swim in it for 4 days now. Was told to turn on the hose and fill it up as then they would send out the pool tech to check on it. When he turned up he didn't know what was wrong with it as in why is was so dirty and had lost water. Anyway he set to giving it a good clean - took him about an hour and we could finally use it at 4pm! Just chilled out for the rest of the afternoon. Went in about 6pm and packed. Did online checkin at 7pm and then off to the Outback steakhouse again. Another great meal and service. Love the mudslide cocktails in here! $81 in total with tip.

Tues 20th - Travelling home day :-( IHOP for breakfast again and then back to the villa for the last couple of hours by the pool. Had already done all the washing as we went along so won't have loads to do when we get home. Before we left I called the management company again about the pool issues as they said they would call back yesterday and didn't - left a message for them to call me on my mobile, still waiting. Sending email to Kenwood Travel customer services after writing this to see if they can at least get me 4 days pool heating charges back. Loaded up the car DH is worried again about the weight of the cases! Stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and donuts before heading to LBV stores. Bought DH some cargo pants and me some crop jeans in Vanity Fair. Pair of new black work trousers in Dressbarn (need them after all the lovely food I've eaten over the past 2 weeks) and 3 hoodies from Gap for Xmas presents. Now DH is really worried about the weight of the cases lol !!! Off to the airport, got there about half two. Dropped of the car and made our way to bag drop. DH didn't know but I was going to upgrade us to PE if they had any spare seats. They did but not together!! So did the extra legroom and got sat in the bubble - well excited!! Through security queues not to bad and then to Outback Outpost for a good feast before getting on the plane - airplane food is always bad so we like to eat before we fly. Good flight, loved the seats in the bubble and DH actually managed to get some sleep. Flight was 10 minutes late due to a lot of planes landing. We were some of the first off the plane and through customs in 5 minutes - wow!! Then waited 45 minutes for our cases which I forgot to mention were overweight but we didn't get charged thank goodness. Anyway home safe and sound. Here's to the next trip.

Thanks for reading and hope you've enjoyed sharing our trip :-)

Level Contributor
214 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FatCat's TR final part.....

Sounds like an awesome ending to your trip-minus the pool issues.Sorry to hear you were sick.Thanks for sharing .

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,234 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FatCat's TR final part.....

Thanks for the reports, enjoyed them. Shame about the pool though :(

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,949 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FatCat's TR final part.....

Very good TR really enjoyed your review sorry you were sick glad you made the best of it.

4. Re: FatCat's TR final part.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:16