We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May or October

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
May or October

So I went to orlando last year in september and I'v decided to go again but unsure when really to go, I have narrowed it down to either the first three weeks in May or the same for October. what would you guys recommend, mainly considering the weather as i like it hot! and also lowest crowds

Regards James

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,755 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May or October

Weatherwise, it's a tossup. In May it's beginning to get hot (and rainy) while it October the reverse happens. October might have smaller crowds as all of the kids are back in school.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May or October

We usually go in Sept so hot and some showers. Have just been 6th to 20th May and only had two showery afternoons and it was high 80's and even into the 90's some days. Felt it was more manageable as much less humid.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May or October

May gets my vote, it's our favourite time of year to go. Not too busy and the weather just gets better and better. we had temps in the 90's and we were there from the 2nd to 16th :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,603 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May or October

October much cooler and less crowded.

Johnstone
Level Contributor
562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May or October

Went in October 9th -23rd 2011 the infamous October school holidays the parks where jam packed really busy we went last June 15-29th and found the parks a lot quieter so for me going in May would be my choice , good luck 👍

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: May or October

October

Still Hot, Lower crowds, better discounts and of course....

The Food and Wine Festival ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
348 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: May or October

My husband went in May last year and weather was brilliant, V hot and storms many days but not cold and rainy like the uk ;)

What was September like weather wise, we go sept 2015

Cheers

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: May or October

We always go May, parks aren't too busy and weather is usually lovley. Been in June once and didn't get on many rides due to queues and storms. Parents went in October and they felt they missed out on the true Disney experience due to Halloween theming.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: May or October

yeah i think may is a winner, we was quite lucky in september for the first half we didn't get rain once and it was really clear sky's but come the second half it rained a lot and ruined some of our days, good side was the queues were great never queued more then a hour for anything most queues were 10-20 mins would go back again at that time just unsure on weather we would be as lucky this time

Cardiff
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: May or October

I found October to be as busy as May. October has Halloween and Epcot Food and Wine.