We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Is Whispering Canyon Cafe a worthwhile experience if I would only be going for the antics and not for the food? The menu doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look unique. However, I am really curious and interested in the "atmosphere" people say it has. Is it enough of an atmosphere to make it worth eating what appears (based on a quick peek at the menu) to be average food?

Altoona...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

If you have children it might be. If you are adults STAY AWAY. Food is not good and the atmosphere is very childlike .

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

Depends where you sit..from our seat we had no idea what was going on in the restaurant and when the waitress came running round the corner and told us to start dancing we were very confused. We were stuck in this weird corner with 3walls surrounding us and could only see 2other tables. Totally missed the Antics and atmosphere.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

Yes, STAY AWAY...in fact STAY AWAY from DisneyWorld altogether because the atmosphere is very childlike.

(But if you do go, you'll have fun and if you like BBQ food you will like the food too)

Alaska
Level Contributor
820 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

The whole point of Disneyworld is to be childlike. Why are you on the Disneyworld forum if you will just tell people, who obviously are trip planning, to stay away.?

pa
Level Contributor
54,412 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

We go for the food, the antics are as fun as you want them to be but not the whole point of dining there, IMHO of course. Many stay away because of the antics but you can join in or ask to be left alone. Wilderness Lodge is my favourite Resort so we have eaten there many, many times but again, because we like the food

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

wow I'm surprised by the comments, whispering canyon is one of our must eats and not because of the antics although DD is quite amused by them we love the food. We enjoy spending a few hours at Wilderness lodge before eating we'll go down to water, go for a bike ride etc. We've eaten here several times always at opening 5pm, we've had times where DD got up and danced around the restaurant, the wait staff throws the napkins all over the table, straws everywhere, and then we've had times where there were no antics other then the ketchup they always do that.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

We are adults and always include WC for dinner. We usually request a table in the back room. We always enjoyed the food, maybe we are weird but so be it.

Level Contributor
1,081 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

I'd go for the food first and foremost. It was really good. The antics seemed to depend on your server. My OH is a quiet type and our server wasn't too OTT. Suited us great. On the other hand a rather handsome young server a few tables away was full on harassing (in a hilarious way) a group of older ladies. They were both flattered and mortified at the attention and telling offs for not ordering fast enough etc. v funny.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge last November and we loved Whispering Canyon Cafe.

The first time we ate dinner there we missed the pony parade because we weren't paying attention . We had dinner there again and also breakfast, and the kids made sure to get in the parade, and also to ask for and help deliver ketchup.

The all you can eat barbecue is delicious. We liked the breakfasts too

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whispering Canyon Cafe

I'm glad I have company.