We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife???

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife???

hi, 3 twenty five year olds from glasgow,scotland. although we will definately do the theme park thing i was hoping you could let me know of the nightlife on offer? we will be staying on international drive, whats there for us to have a good dance and drink to?also, is downtown orlando easily reached from there and is the nightlife good there?where else?

been searching the net but places seem to be very family orientated!!

help!!! we like to party!!!

england
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife???

hi there

Firstly I would say Orlando is not the sort of place you would go for discos and cheap booze. Not extactly the Falaraki of USA.

Everything is geared towards family entertainment.

Having said that provided you have transport there are places to be found and you would do well to explore further afield. Look at Orlando Sentinal newspaper for gigs etc.

If you are dependant on local transport you really cannot go far wrong with Downtown Disney or Citywalk at Universal. However they will not be catering just for young people and before 9pm many families will be around. You have to be above a certain age to go in to the clubs here so will probably be OK for you but I am glad to say you do not see gangs of out of control youngsters falling out of the clubs early morning.

Lots of eating places on International drive but many not licensed for alcohol.

glasgow,scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife???

glad you said that,not looking for anything like faliraki!!!

just want to know that after the theme parks we wont have to go straight to bed,hah,

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife???

For what's going on around town:

www.orlandosentinel.com (click on Entertainment on the upper bar)

www.orlandoweekly.com

Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney has a number of clubs. Ouside PI in Downtown Disney there is the House of Blues for live music (as well as the La Nouba Cirque du Soleil show).

Universal CitiWalk just opened up the Red Coconut club, a "Vegas" style place, supposedly (sans gambling), in addition to its other clubs (Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Bob Marley's, The Groove, Latin Quarter, CityJazz, etc.). By CitiWalk is "Hard Rock Live", a live music venue.

On I-Drive, I think there's a dueling piano bar. Backstage at the Plaza is a club at the Rosen Plaza, if its still around. There's also the Glo lounge there. May be a few other places at Pointe Orlando on I-Drive when it opens up again.

If you don't have a car, I probably would cross out the Downtown Orlando places off your list.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife???

Oh yes Eddie there is a piano bar, called Howl at the Moon and boy did they howl every night. Right opposite our hotel. Kept me awake a couple of times until about 3.30 in the morning!!!! Its next door to Bahama Breeze if you fancy it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife???

Well, I just hope for your sake they weren't play any--well I won't mention his name, but his initials are Bob Marley, lol!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife???

Oh no not that, thank heaven for small mercies, just a load of shouting and piano playing. I had to ask reception if there was a nightclub across the road. They said no, sometimes Bahama Breeze got a little bit loud and they had to phone them to tell em to keep it down a bit when it got really late. But I tell you this weren't no Bob Marley wanna be playing the kettle drums, this was Howl at the Moon, howling on up until the early hours and they would be able to hear them on the moon, believe me. I had a look the next day and it said on the door that they carry on playing as long as they get requests. If I ever stayed there again I'd pick the other side of the hotel.

england
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: nightlife???

where on i-drive is the piano bar, and what hotel did you stay at , thanks

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: nightlife???

next door to Bahama Breeze and we stayed at the Embassy Suites I-drive South.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nightlife???

hi.. i'm out here at the moment..our hotel 'THE ROZEN PLAZA HOTEL

which is in I drive has its own night club which is open every night.

London, England
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: nightlife???

Oh Dave, you lucky bugger, I'm jealous. How's the weather?