We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson villa, where to get the key?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
thomson villa, where to get the key?

hi, can anyone tell me where the pick up point for a thomsons villa is. we have booked but don't even know where we will be staying all we have been told is it is Claremont, Davenport or haines City. we haven't done a villa before and need some reassurance that we have booked the right location.

thank you

linda

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

Sounds like your villa will be allocated on arrival. Most have a keypad door lock so any info you are given at the airport will include the code. If it has a key then more often than not they are kept in a lockbox in the villa foyer so you will also get the code for this,

Have only ever stayed at Solano resort on Hwy 27. The areas you have mentioned will be down that way but if you have a car its no problem. Lots a villa communities so plenty of places to eat and supermarkets, etc.

Have a great time. When do you go?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

hi,

not going till next June but wanted more info on the location of villa. we thought when we booked we would be told beforehand the exact address as our wee one is severely autistic and I need to know our surroundings before we go to assure she will be okay there. worried about the villa having just a code to entre the door. who else would know this code, is it changed between guests as I don't want anyone else knowing the code or anyone entering while we are there.

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

The codes are changed between guests so only the management company knows it. It fine nothing to worry about honest x

Have you tried to explain the need too know your surroundings to whoever you booked with? They may be able to give you an idea. Another good idea is to go on Google maps and look at Hwy 27 it will give you an idea of what is in the area. Hope this helps x

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

If you have booked a gold , silver , bronze villa you will not know till you get there, the lock box is on wall outside villa and it really won't make a difference where villa is as they are all in communities and some gated some not, the villa itself will be the same except for size and decoration . I stayed in Thompson villa in april😉 and they are usually on the us 27 pm me if you need more info!

Edited: 28 May 2014, 22:13
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,383 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

Every single villa that is rented out has a lock box with the key in - the management company will have the number as they may need to enter the villa for maintainance if you are out for the day

There is no way to know which community your villa will be on as you booked allocation on arrival and you will be told where it is and the entry instructions at the airport

There is really no need to be anxious about where your villa is or about the lock box - you are worrying unneccesesarily

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

Hi, I have recently returned from a stay in a Thomson silver villa. I like you had worries before going but I hope to reassure you. I had a fab experience with Thomson and the villa itself. we booked a 3 bed but when we arrived it was a 5 bed villa with games room and big pool. The rep at the airport gives you a welcome pack which has your lock box code and alarm code for villa and directions etc ( tip take a sat nav)

Our villa was 103 Ridgebrook court, sandy ridge, davenport. It was beautiful, couldn't have been happier. it was not a gated community however had its own security company working 24 hours with cameras on entrance to the community. I never once felt scared or threatened. So try and not worry

The next day i nipped into hotel beds and met the rep and paid the $39 insurance cover (she recommended that instead of putting the $500 on my credit card)

Try and not worry.. The villas are usually amazing. if there's anything else I can answer just ask

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

thank you so much that is reassuring. I was wondering though where the hotel beds where to do the paperwork.

we were taking our sat nav as it has international maps now so should come in handy. it is just a standard villa we are expecting do you think it has wifi I know the silver and above do have this but the Thomson holiday guide doesn't mention this about the standard. its just so I know if I need to get a dangle or not.

linda

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

Hi,

We stayed in a Bronze villa in August 2013 and the villa was great! Stayed in Clearcreek Davenport which was a 5 min drive to the Walmart at Cagan Crossing. Villa was 4 bed 3 bathrooms was beautifully decorated, clean, had games room, pool and free Wi Fi . Villa was so nice we wondered how much better could Silver or Gold be?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,383 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

Linda we have never stayed in a villa that didn't have wifi it's pretty much standard these days

You will be given the hotel beds address at the airport with your villa details

I know it all sounds daunting but once you get off the plane everything will fall into place

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomson villa, where to get the key?

We stayed in a bronze this year and it was tiny, we were disappointed at the size and decoration of the villa, it was actually the worst we have been in. Really we should have complained but we didn't !! It was in Florida pines are for 6 adults it was small , we have had much better villas for 4 people before, but we have never been with Thompson until now and if that is there bronze standard I wouldn't use them again . Out first villa with travel city was only standard and was much better than what we got from thompsons . If I was you maybe I would pay a little extra and choose your area or type , there is nothing wrong with Florida pines but not all villas are the same , it's total pot luck as to what you will get.