We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake buena vista

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
lake buena vista

Hello

I'm doing a Disney and universal holiday next year and need advice on where to stay.

A decade ago when I done an Orlando holiday with my parents we stayed in Kissimmee and relied on the hotels shuttle service to get to parks which I remember being fine.

I've found a great deal for a hotel in the lake buena vista area which also seems to have a pretty decent shuttle service (although we may still hire a car for extra flexibility).

Can people advise if this is a good location? Are there plenty of local restaurants plus chains e.g Denny's/Wendy's etc ( being from the uk these chains are a novelty for us ha)

Thanks a lot

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lake buena vista

Hi there!.

We have just come back from a stay at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in lake buena Vista. Four of us travelled and stayed in a brilliant 2 bedroom apartment, with full living room, 2 full bathrooms, massive kitchen with washer and dryer.

Location was perfect, just a few minutes drive from all the Disney theme parks. Loads of restaurants and supermarkets nearby, you can actually walk to a few good restaurants including Bahama Breeze.

It was the perfect hotel choice for us!.

Hope that helps!.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lake buena vista

Yes you'll find plenty of restaurants in Lake Buena Vista with some likely in walking distance to your hotel. Not all areas of Lake Buena Vista are served by Lynx bus though so for non drivers I'd rate I-Drive better for walkability and public transport. But Lake Buena Vista is a nice area and a good base particularly if renting a car.

texas
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lake buena vista

Why not name the hotel, to make sure even though price is good there may be negatives to it. Just a thought for extra help.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lake buena vista

Lake Buena Vista covers a vast area, what hotel are you talking about?

St.Leonards
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lake buena vista

We always stay in Lake Buena Vista and going again in 4 days time :0), I think it's in an ideal location for everything you need.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lake buena vista

When doing a Disney vacation, you can't get any closer than Lake Buena Vista. It's controlled & basically owned by the Disney Corp. This way Walt Disney insured that DisneyWorld would have plenty of space to expand and remain a vacation destination unaffected by outside business (unlike DisneyLand) You'll find plenty of chain restaurants there and it's quite a nice area.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lake buena vista

hotel is Clarion Inn :)

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lake buena vista

We have just stayed for two nights at the Clarion at the end of a 3 week holiday. We didn't use it but the shuttle service seemed to be fairly reliable. Although I have read that people have walked to restaurants in the Crossroads area, I don't think I would like to try this. As for the folks that say you can walk to DTD then I think they must be in training for the Olympics!

The hotel is basic and we found the room very depressing. The mustard coloured paint is not very inspiring. I also found that I really did not like the 'motel' feel with the outside corridors. The hotel served it's purpose for a couple of nights but I would not have wanted to spend my whole holiday there.

Regards,

Deaconblue

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lake buena vista

not too bothered about the hotel being basic - its purely a place to rest my weary bones :)

why wouldnt i walk to the cross roads for restaurants? googlemaps indicated at most a 10-15min walk?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,965 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lake buena vista

It is close enough to walk to some restaurants, and is on Palm parkway so you will have a lynx bus to get to DTD. There is a shopping center closer than Crossroads with a f ew restaurants incl Cici's and Kobe beef. If you walk north to Lake road you can get to the Winn Dixie.

I would still have a car there myself, but you can get about.