We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DTD just seen the Photos

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DTD just seen the Photos

I can not get any answers by Googling only that DTD is due to be finished in 2016.

Can someone tell me if RFC and T-Rex open as usual

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,310 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

They were in March in fact all the restaurants were open as far as I can remember

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

They were open when we were there on 18th May. The problem you may have is with the parking. So many parts of the carparks are out of commission that there were hugh queues of traffic waiting to park. We gave up trying to get parked on the Saturday and just went on Sunday morning!

Regards,

Deaconblue

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

Thanks for your quick reply girls :))

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
667 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

All the shops and restaurants seem to be open as usual but there was a fair bit of noise from all the work going on when we were there a few weeks ago. With all the constructions boards, noise and lack of car parking it definitely wasn't the usual Disney magical experience!! We usually visit DTD a couple of times each trip but just the once was more than enough this time.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 20:12
isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

Thanks :) I take it Disney Quest is open as my grandchildren love it

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
667 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

Yep, The West Side seems to be least affected by all the work. All the work is focused around The Market Place and Pleasure Island.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 20:27
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
734 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

We go September and are going with first time visitors I'm hoping their first experience won't be spoilt we are staying at Saratoga springs so parking won't be an issue what do you think?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
667 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

I'd be surprised if all the development is complete by September, it seems to be a huge project and has been going on since we were there in December.

The work's definetly affected the ambience and the atmosphere of the place. So much so that we only visited once and went to Celebration a few times instead. There were quite a few people in Celebration who seemed to have had the same idea!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,310 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

And the boat dock is closed so no boat rental :-(

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DTD just seen the Photos

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in May and got one of the boats from our resort to DTD and he told us that they are adding 80 shops and it will have 5 distinct areas when finished in around 2 years time. Also he said that the plan is to have 2 person amphibious vehicles that you can take from POR to DTD and back again.