We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

Borders, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

Hi All. Do any of you have any opinion on which Disney Hotel would be the best one to stay at to enable easy, quick transportation to the parks? I was looking at Caribbean Beach, but seems you can wait up to 2 hours for the transport bus to arrive, then an hour to get there.... Now looking at New Orleans French Quarter....

Any tips gratefully received! It's 15 years since I last was there, and things will all have changed... We always used to hire a car, but would prefer not to if we can this time.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

I am not sure where you are reading it is a 2 hour wait for the bus to arrive. They tend to run every 20 minutes or so, with increased service during opening/closing.

Caribbean Beach is in a pretty central location, but I personally prefer Port Orleans French Quarter. It is a much smaller hotel, there is a boat to Downtown Disney, you can share the amenities of the sister resort Port Orleans Riverside.

It depends on time of year whether Riverside and French Quarter share buses. When they don't, French Quarter is a one bus stop hotel, vs 4 at Riverside and 7 at Caribbean Beach. So you could spend a long time on the CBR buses just transiting around the hotel. Some additional info on each:

http://www.portorleans.org/

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/

pa
Level Contributor
54,252 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

We have never waited 2 hours for any form of Disney Transportation

Disney Property is 47 square miles, no one Resort is within quick reach of all the Parks, some Resorts are "close" to one or more of the Parks, other Resorts are "close" to another Park

I wouldn't let the distance dictate my Resort, stay at the one that strikes your fancy or the One that has the Best Discount or Deal :)

We prefer Port Orleans River over French Quarter

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

Or Coronado Springs

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,190 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

For a moderate we prefer French Quarter, small, cozy resort, one bus stop, no long walks to anything. Both FQ and Riverside have the boat to downtown disney and as mentioned are sister resorts, so can use the amenities at either. When they share buses, FQ gets the bus first and then goes to Riverside and those people sometimes can't get on (so have to wait for yet another bus) or stand on the bus. Caribbean Beach resort still has full size beds, not queens if that's a consideration. Coronado looks interesting, but the size put me off :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

We went to Disney for the first time last year and found access to the parks was pretty good from the Port Orleans French Quarter. We had friends who went to Caribbean and we were put off by the size of it (as well as Coronodo and Riverside) and we also wanted the queen sized beds offered by the FQ. There are several Deluxe resorts that are closer to certain parks - i.e. Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian are close to MK and Beach Club, Boardwalk and Yacht Club are close to HS and Epcot and also (I think) the Deluxe resorts can use both monorail and buses.

5. Re: Best Disney hotel to stay at for easy transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:17