We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with fast pass

Felton, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Help with fast pass

We only have one day to spend at Disney World on June 30th and we don't have our hopper tickets yet (I was going to buy them today) and I just read that all the fast passes for that day may already be taken because of the new early reservation system online. Is this true? I really need fast passes to get the most out of our one day there and without them I'm thinking it may not be worth going at all, especially with a teenager who is only interested in the rides. Help!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with fast pass

What parks are you hoping to attend and what attractions are you wanting FP+ for?

There will be some FP+ left for some attractions for sure as you can only book 3 ahead of time per day, so they won't all be taken, but some of the most popular ones will definitely go fast.

You have to have your "ticket in hand and tied to your MDE account" in order to be able to book any FP+ at all, so until you get your ticket and get the number off the back of it, you won't be able to book FP+.

Felton, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with fast pass

Kat_Cubs_fan thank you for your reply. We'd like to do all the parks, but we'll probably need to skip the Animal Kingdom due to time limitations and it's the one we are least interested in. We are staying at the Hilton LBV and I think that means we can enter MK early, right? I thought we'd head straight for MK and the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride first thing so that we won't need a fast pass for that.

The other rides we'd like to go on are (in no particular order):

Star Tours

Toy Store Mania

Rock and Roll Coaster

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Pirates of the Caribbean

Haunted Mansion

Soarin

Test Track.

If we make it to AK then we'd like to go on Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with fast pass

Off property can't set their FP until 30 days out. You will have to have your tickets purchased and your My Disney Experience account all set up.

Your best bet is to pick the park opened the latest to visit last, probably Magic Kingdom. Start wil Hollywood Studios, hit Toy Story at rope drop. Then do Rock n Rollercoaster and Star Tours last, which won't have much of a line at all. At rope drop, you should be able to do all 3 in less than an hour and a half.

Leave and head to Epcot. Have FP set for Soarin for about the time you think you will arrive. Use the single rider line for Test Track, which usually has a pretty short wait. Leave and head to Magic Kingdom.

Your best bet here would be to FP+ Splash Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Pirats and Haunted Mansion won't have a bad line. Once you have used 3 FP+ during the day, you can try to get another for Space Mountain in the park. If you don't, the park just gets less and less crowded the later it gets. After the fireworks, you may see a pretty short line for Space Mountain. If you didn't get a FP+ for Seven Dwarfs, you can get in line right before park close (don't be late) and you will get to ride, even though the park has closed.

The only thing is, I'm not sure how the Park Hopper FP+ is working right now. I haven't used it yet.

Good luck.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with fast pass

I agree with Frank's schedule, it sounds like you could hit everything. The fastpass+ system still only allows you to book 3 FP+ in advance and I think they have to be for the same park. But once you use those three, you can make more as you go(one at a time) at whatever park you want.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with fast pass

Kay is correct. You can only book 3 FP+ in advance and they all need to be in the same park. Plus, Hollywood and Epcot have tiered FP systems, so you can only choose 1 of the headliners. Best to purchase your tickets right now, link them to MDE, and book your first 3 passes. Good luck!

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with fast pass

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that. Then the best bet would be using all the FP+ at Magic Kingdom since it has the most rides you want to see. If you do that, then Soarin is going to be a wait. The line will probably be 70-90 minutes at noon. Not much you can do about that.

Then FP+ Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. If you have all of your tickets and Disney account set up, you can set your FP+ at midnight EST, exactly 30 days out. If you want a Mine Train FP, I would highly recommend doing that. They are going to go fast. Splash and Space will take a while to fill up, especially for evening Fastpasses.

Felton, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with fast pass

I'll definitely be staying up til midnight tonight to snag 3 MK fast passes! Thanks for all the help!

Felton, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with fast pass

It just occurred to me - is that midnight EST???

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with fast pass

Yes, midnight EST time. Good luck!

Felton, California
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with fast pass

I got fast passes for the mine train, splash mountain and the mine train for exactly when I wanted them! Thanks all for the help!!!