We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Hello,

I'm just wondering if there's any recommendations out there for accommodation on the beach but that is still accessible to lego land, harry potter world etc.

Also is there anything else that tourist from Aussie should check out while down in sunny Orlando/Florida? Are there any good outlets we should check out?

We are looking at being there jan 2015 for 4 days :)

Binnybugg :)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

The closest beaches will be just over an hours drive on the east coast and closer to two for the west. January is also winter so not good beach weather. You might get a nice day where it is ok to be out but will definitely be too cold for any swimming. 4 days isn't a whole lot. There are many more parks and things to do than that so would start bu choosing your parks. There are two main outlets and two main malls which many visitors like to take advantage off.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

"Also is there anything else that tourist from Aussie should check out while down in sunny Orlando/Florida? "

What are you interested in? Just tourist stuff or some of the "real Florida"? The latter may require a car.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Thanks for your replies, We are definitely looking at Legoland and HP World so thats 2 days out of the 4 gone, I have never been down to Florida but have done west coast twice already and i guess i am looking for certain tourist tours like that's offered like san diego has the us midway and san fran has alcatraz... does Florida have anything such as this kind of thing to maybe do on another day?

Unfortunately 4 days is all we can do before we head down to Cancun, Mexico; so it's more of a quick stop to have a look around and see what Florida is all about :)

As for accommodation am hoping to stay somewhere with pretty views thats why i would like to stay by the water. What winds usually favor Florida in the winter, for instance here in Queensland Australia we suffer from Westerly winds that are super cold and because we are on the east coast our beaches are sheltered from the winter winds, so even tho it might be to cold to swim the days on the beach are warm and clear winter days. I hope this makes some sense?

I will definitely like to have a look at the shopping there!!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

"i am looking for certain tourist tours like that's offered like san diego has the us midway and san fran has alcatraz..."

WE don't have any large Navy ships (in Central Florida) or famous prisons. However, we do have some unique natural attractions that I would recommend to any visitor..One of the best is Blue Spring State Park, but you will need a car to get there.

floridastateparks.org/bluespring/default.cfm

Blue Spring is the winter home of many manatees which you can see from the shore. Here is a sample of what you can expect to see. www.savethemanatee.org/savethemanateecam.html

Legoland has some discounts that might interest you. travelzoo.com/local-deals/…LEGOLAND-Florida

Edited: 31 May 2014, 14:35
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

A trip to St. Augustine is always fun-very historical,lots of interesting walks. Winter Park is also a good choice;antique stores, a lovely boat trip that shows off some of the mansions around the water . The Morse Museum is one of our favorites. The beach is about an hour away from Orlando and it will probably be too cold to swim. You might take a trip to Merritt Island on the East Coast

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Thanks for all your suggestions :) Thats exactly what i was looking for :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Harry Potter is only a section of Universal Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. Are you planning to explore the entire park? Ideally it takes 2 days to really enjoy Universal, if you've not been before.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Oh is it..? we were planning on doing Universals in LA. but thats ok we can spend a day running around universals Orlando to! I will be be-lining for Harry Potter world... Thanks for letting me know :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

Just so you know, since Harry Potter will be in both parks and connected by Hogwart's express...you will need the 2-park ticket to experience it all.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation close to beachs but close to hp world etc.

TBH, with 4 days you will lose one for departure/arrival so you don't really have much time for things other than Universal/IOA as there is HP stuff in each park. So that is 2 days gone, legoland is a drive away, and unless you have very small children not sure it is worth one of your days.

So i'd do some shopping in the outlets or malls and a waterpark, or a Disney park.