We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

I know I am probably stressing over nothing but I don't like surprises and I want to know if I have this right...

Rosie's All-American Café in HS...I can get the 1/3 burger with onion straws and fries for 9.99, can I use a snack credit for the Banana Parfait for 3.99??

what about a soda, do I just have to pay out of pocket for this??

Cosmic Rays in MK.....I can get the Grilled Chicken sandwich w/ fries for 10.29

Use a snack credit for the triple chocolate cake for 3.99

again same question..do I just pay for drink out of pocket??

I know I get 2 QS meals and 1 snack credit a day...I just want to get the MOST out of my credit!

As you can tell, this will be my first visit to Disney!! LOL

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

Hi, your quick service meal comes with a soda and a dessert (not sure if it's only certain desserts though). Save your snack credit for something else (maybe in between lunch and dinner or use it for a light breakfast). Don't use your snack credits for bottled water, you can get cups of free ice water throughout the parks :)

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

oh that's great...soda and dessert!! We are going to be stuffed little piggy's!!! I will remember that water is free so that will save us some credits!!

I just couldn't find any real good example of what to order, I didn't want the cast member looking at me funny when I try to order!! So now I know that I get the entrée WITH dessert and WITH a soda and that's 1 credit!!

Does anyone have good ideas for ways to use your snack credit so your getting the best deal!! Like jumbo pretzels or big ice cream sundaes!!

Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

Use this link for a full list of snacks at that time

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039087

Also look at disneyfoodblog.com for some great suggestions.

Some of our favorites:

We always like to go to Aloha Isle especially if it is hot.

Funnel cakes,

French bakery in Epcot has lots of great choices.

Cinnamon roll at Gastons tavern.

Carrot cake cookie at writers stop in HS.

Lots of yummy cupcakes at various places

Galactic Annie's in MK has sundaes, smoothies and other frozen treats

Edited: 03 June 2014, 03:10
MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

thanks for the link!!! I LOVE cupcakes......I didn't even think of them for a snack!!!

Maybe I can talk my sister out of her snack credit and I will try to taste all the cupcakes of Disney!! LOL

the cinnamon roll sounds delish too!!

UK
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

I think the ice cream sundaes at the plaza at MK are great for snack credits. Another good use is the French onion soup in the M K for lunch.

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
636 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

When you get to Disney you will notice a small purple sign next to items this indicates it is a snack credit.

Be careful if you are paying out of pocket and charging to your room to be sure to let counter service cashier know. It can get busy at hotels counter service and they have been know to assume the wrong thing.

To get more bang for your buck Share snacks with your sister. Many snacks are plenty big enough to share. You can also keep the almonds from day to day if you manage not to eat them all at once.;)

Have a Great Trip.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

Chocolate Fudge or Caramel Sundaes were amongst our favourite snacks at T.L. as were the iced coffee floats at frontier land MK. Anything with the little purple ddp sign.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

I just want to make sure you're not misunderstanding something. If you choose to get a glass of water at a meal rather than ordering a soft drink, you won't have a credit remaining on your account for that soft drink. A quick-service credit is a single credit that gives you three different items at one sitting. There's no way for a server or manager to keep a partial-credit on your account for a soda that you didn't order with a meal.

MISSOURI
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

CleveRocks.....thanks for the break down....I didn't even know I would get a drink with the meal at all, so when we go to eat lunch somewhere, we pick a item from the entrée side(burger,chicken sandwich) it comes with fries or apple slices....then we just add what dessert we want and add a large coke......all that IS 1 CREDIT???

I thought it was all separate, so this will be even better!! then after we eat lunch we could go somewhere else and get a sundae for the SNACK CREDIT!! I'm gonna love this Free Dining!!

do I also have correct that the credits are based on the night you stay....so we are staying Sept 13-19 that is 6 nights, or is by how many days your in the Parks?? when we arrive on the 13th we wont be visiting a park at all, we will have a lazy day at the resort and Downtown Disney

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick Service Dining?? Do I have it right?

Didn't I say the same thing???? lol

yes the credits are based on the number of nights :)