We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with best Waterpark

Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Hotel with best Waterpark

Looking into Mid July for a visit to Orlando. Looking for the best waterpark within a Hotel. We are not going to any parks during the visit, so I hope we will have the water park area and sliders to ourselves during the day. Two Adults and three kids 9, 6 and 5. They love the water.

Looked at Coco Key, Nickelodeon and Fantasy World. Any others I need to look at

grimsby
Level Contributor
618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

Clarion inn lbv , only drove past though looks good ..... wet n wild is pretty cheap for a 14 day ticket there's a few hotels within a couple min walk of there could use it as you would hotel pool

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,379 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

The best "waterpark" within a hotel is (imho) Stormalong Bay at Disneys Yacht & Beach Resort.

Slide, lazy river, sand beach, sand bottom pool, whirlpool, hot tubs, Beaches & Cream, Pina Colava's, ;-);-)

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

I agree, the beach club/yacht club can't be beaten for water fun on site! (IMO!)

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

If you are coming for a weekend getaway without parks I'd pick a nice resort hotel. Gaylord Palms, World Center Marriott, Renaissance at SeaWorld, Hyatt Grand Cypress, etc. or a vacation club like Orange Lake or Marriott Harbour Lake all have great pools including water play areas and or slide(s) good for kids. Can also recommend the new Cabana Bay at Universal. It's a great theme with fun pool and slide. The other section with another pool and lazy river would be open by July. There is onsite bowling and an arcade and a short shuttle ride over to CityWalk with mini golf, the movies, and plenty of additional dining options. They offer family suites which can accommodate 6.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 20:34
Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

It isn't a waterpark, but Marriott Harbour Lakes has two pools, one with a pirate ship and smaller slides and another pool with a bigger water slide. They have tons of kids activities. Our kids loved it there.

I don't recommend Nickelodeon during a busy time. We went during a busy time once and said never again. Our kids loved it when we went the first week of December once when it was quiet, but then we went back in June and they hated it so bad they asked to leave and they never do that. It was aweful. Totally different experience during off season though, it was wonderful!!

We are staying at the Beach/Yacht club for the first time this year because of all the rave reviews about it.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,379 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

Hi LV

As your going to try Y&B. Try not to miss a Kitchen Sink:-):-)

Of course that's as long as you like (love) ice cream:-):-)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

Thanks Mike, but honestly it grosses me out to watch 4 people eat out of the same bowl especially once it starts to melt. I am weird that way. Ha! ha! :) My hubby and kids are the same way too. We are all weird!!

I did have reservations at Beaches and Cream, but I have an inner ear disorder (Meniere's Disease) and I get thrown off balance by minor things and my eyes and ears are sensitive and I watched a you tube video where the lights and sirens go off every time a kitchen sick is brought out so I cancelled my reservations.

Va
Level Contributor
11,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

Coco key probably has the best water park, but it isn't a great hotel. Nickelodeon is good, but it is pure chaos and filth. Many of the resorts already mentioned have great pool areas, but are not exactly water parks.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

You'll be able to get a table outside B&C, its in a nice spot overlooking the pool.

10. Re: Hotel with best Waterpark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:17