We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wekiwa Springs

Glasgow
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Wekiwa Springs

We're going to visit here while in Orlando in mid June.

Just wondering how early to arrive? I've read that parking gets busy later on in the morning...is 8/9am reasonable enough?

Also, is horseback riding available on site or is it just those with their own horses?

We're looking to do a bit of canoeing, swimming and hiking. Looks like a great place to spend the day.

Thanks in advance.

Lincs
Level Contributor
360 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wekiwa Springs

We went there in May it was during the week, we arrived about 10 o clock and there was only 3 cars in the car park. We hired the canoes for 2 hours which was great then had a swim in the spring when we had finished. It is so peaceful there we really enjoyed it. Im not sure if in June it would make a difference with the crowds, Ive heard weekends and holidays it does get busy.

We took friends and it was there first visit and first time for them in a canoe and they loved it. Sorry I cant help you with the horseriding. They do have a website that may give you good info.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wekiwa Springs

Thanks. I've been on the website, although its unclear whether horseriding is available. I suppose we'll see when we get there.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wekiwa Springs

I have never seen horses at Wekiwa.

It is a great place to spend the day. Going during the week would be the way to go as the weekends are going to be busier. Also, beware of the rush hour on I-4. You don't want to be bumper to bumper with all the commuter traffic.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wekiwa Springs

I too have never seen horses and I have been there lots of times. mid June will be hot so I would recommend getting there between 8 and 9 and you will pretty much have it to yourselves for a few hours if you go during the week. Locals tend to start arriving in numbers just before lunchtime.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
165 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wekiwa Springs

Thanks guys!

6. Re: Wekiwa Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15