We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Dunes

10 posts
Save Topic
Southern Dunes

My family is considering this area for a villa. Each one mentions which hole they overlook. But we are not golfer..really. We just want a nice view, not overlooking a highway, or marsh or anything like that. Quiet side would be nice too.

Any suggestions?

belfast
Level Contributor
175 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Dunes

hows it going, Are you driving then? Southern Dunes is stunning, i play a bit of golf, but not there when were there, its to dear lol. this place is seriously perfect, its a good 30 mins away from disney so u will escape all the hustle and bustle of the tourist areas like drive. when you want. Theres a huge 24 hour walmart at the entrance for all your needs. this is our 2nd time staying in southern dunes. its paradise. the course is lovely to over look, golfers have a nice slow pace so when relaxing by the pool, its nice to see them pass. It is a nice bit out of the way so you get more of an american feel about the place rather than an area to suit the traveler. I feel out there you can really live an american holiday with there food and drink. not one with all the chain eateries of home. try mannys chop house . that will get you back to the dunes every year after lol.

Southern Dunes is everything you want in your post :) 36 days till I'm there for a month, and I'm counting the seconds lol

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Dunes

I think a golf view would be nice and peaceful and is one reason to pick this community over others many of which would be closer to the attractions.

Here is a map showing the community's location in relation to the theme parks. Turn on the satellite view and type in the villa address to get a better idea of the outlook. And use the directions to/from feature by right clicking on your starting and ending point to get an idea of mileage and driving times.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms…

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Dunes

I stayed here in October and loved it, no matter what view you take its a good choice.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern Dunes

Southern dunes is lovely the villas overlooking the golf course have lovely views

It's a quiet gated community and there is a clubhouse with bar and restaurant and a massive Walmart on the doorstep

We have stayed in villas in park place and Kokomo loop

A 30 min drive to Disney parks

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern Dunes

We like Southern Dunes too, being that bit further away from the parks didn't bother us. And like others have said, it's a great location for Manny's. Posner Park is handy for shopping as well.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southern Dunes

We stayed at Southern Dunes between 18th May and 1st June. Barbados Lane. As others have said peaceful, views out over the golf course, very handy for Walmart. Try Perkins by the I 4, fresh and different. Webbs ice-cream on the left from the 4. Go to Boggy Creek Southport using the back roads, to see some Florida for real. The villas are very good, we had a four bed, pools are great, wi fi. Easy drive to attractions as you mainly go on the i4 .We did around 850 miles. Very relaxing place.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,326 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southern Dunes

Another reason to choose SD is that it's a short drive on hwy 27 into central Florida

There is an excellent visitor centre opposite Posner Park the staff are fantastic and they sell really cheap but not tacky souvenirs

Also there is a great dunkin donuts cafe next to Webbs and the fudge at Webbs is to die for

8. Re: Southern Dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:16