We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you wear magic bands through airport?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
can you wear magic bands through airport?

Any trouble going through tsa with them on?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

Why would you want to, they are ugly and make your wrist sweaty lol

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

I don't know if there's enough metal in them to make the metal detectors go off or not.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

I think we need them when we check in for magic express? Plus we did the colored bands so not so ugly.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

They are still ugly doesn't matter what colour. Put them in your handbag, no need to wear them. We had them last November and they are uncomfortable to wear in the heat. You don't need them for the ME, UK guests don't get theirs until check in at the resorts and can still use the ME.

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

You can indeed wear them through security, no problem - we had ours coming through Orlando and Newark last week. I don't find them ugly or sweaty, we wore ours the full 2 weeks with no issues and enjoyed decorating them with the add on 'bits' you can buy! So handy too instead of fishing around for room key cards

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Newark
Newark
New Jersey
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

We had them in our carry ons, no problems with the scanner. We put them on before we got off the plane, they did scan them at the magic express area.

Cinnaminson, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

You won't have any issues with them going through tsa or the airport. They actually will need to scan them when you get to the magical express, so you need to at least have them readily available. They are actually pretty comfy and not an eyesore. My fiancée and I bought some accessories to jazz them up- he chose muppets and I went with gem-like mickey heads.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

Ours went through security fine in the tote, except that my daughter's came through by itself, bouncing around on the rollers. Make sure you don't lay them on top. Stick them down in the bottom of the tote so the machine doesn't eat it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

Yes, and you can get a fast pass on them to get through security quicker

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can you wear magic bands through airport?

Thanks all. I care more about efficiency in traveling through the airport etc... than being a fashionista. I am traveling with my disabled mom and two young nieces both of whom have never been on a plane. So I plan on banning everyone, tagging luggage and traveling as lightly as possible so we are not that group at the tsa line that everyone glares at:)

Carmela I wish, wouldn't that be great.