We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
833 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

Hi all, we're leaving for our first Disney trip in 10 days. I'd like to bring a small bag or backpack with us into the parks to carry sunscreen, water, hats, spray bottle, camera, phone, etc. Is there a security check at each ride? Wondering if having a bag will slow us down. Also, what do folks do with bags when they go on the rides? Thanks for your help!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

There is a security check at the entrance to each park, nothing after that. Having a small bag won't slow you down once you are inside the park. You can take your bag on all the rides at Disney.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

Everyone carrying anything has to go through bag check, which really doesn't slow you down. Just have all the pockets on your bag open when you get to the front of the line, it speeds up the process. You can take your bag on all the rides, just slide your leg through the strap on the backpack so it doesn't fly off the ride.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
833 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

Great, thanks both for the info!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

If you are visiting non-Disney parks, such as Universal, bags are not permitted on their rides.

Enjoy your holiday!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

I find the waterproof sports bags with the string straps as the best, i only pack what i need and on water rides nothing gets wet and they are light weight and i just put the string around my leg. Some of the rides have net pockets to put your bags into infront of you as you ride as well.

6. Re: Logistics questions for park visits re: bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:16