We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Budget accommodation

I have to travel to Orlando a couple of days ahead of the rest of my family later this month and need to find some budget accommodation. I do not plan to do anything particular apart from just chill out round the pool and want to keep costs low. I will not have my hire-car until the rest of the family arrive so need somewhere that I can transfer to easily from the airport. Any good suggestions will be welcomed. This has probably been asked before but as the forum is so long, I thought I would repost the question. Thanks.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation

One of the Rosen properties? Stick your dates in Trivago and see what comes up cheapest!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,987 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation

There'a about 20 hotels at the airport,on either side of Semoran Blvd. They have free shuttles to and from the airport. We like the Renaissance,Embassy Suites, Fairfield Inn and Doubletree. You can often get great prices on Priceline for these hotels.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accommodation

Hampton Inn at Gateway is another one to look at...nice breakfast and pool area plus dining options within walking distance of the hotel.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget accommodation

You might take a look at Hotwire to see if anything looks interested. They won't tell you the name of the hotel, but they will tell you the general location. But, be careful to pick a property that has a high customer satisfaction rating (like 80% or better). Avoid the places with lower ratings or no ratings. There are some not-nice places out there.

If using Hotwire, you should also check the fine print for resort fees. Just click on the page for the hotel you're considering and look all the way at the bottom.

We've gotten some insanely good deals off of HotWire over the years, and all the hotels were nice (remember, Satisfaction Rating). We've stayed at a couple of the Rosen properties, and I agree that they are very good choices.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,230 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget accommodation

Have a look at the "hotel only" section of the Virgin Holidays website. You can get the Rosen Inn and Pointe Orlando for very little cost per night.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget accommodation

Try booking.com we have had some good deals from them

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget accommodation

Holiday Inn Express and Ramada Inn are good choices near the airport.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
199 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget accommodation

We have looked at the Homewood Suites near Pointe Orlando. Breakfast and evening meal included so could help to keep costs down. Rooms look good and have a little kitchen area so could cook food also!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget accommodation

Are you looking to be near the parks or wanting to stay by airport until your family arrives?

10. Re: Budget accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 21:05