We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

We had decided that some relaxation was needed after a couple of full on weeks. When I say relaxation, I mean no parks lol! We planned some pool time in the morning at the paddocks pool where we had breakfast and lunch ( I find the food choices at this pool really good and the pool shape means it's easier to keep an eye on the kids). I could have stayed all day but hubby needed (wanted!) a few Tommy Hilfiger shirts and we had a Walmart shop to do to bring back all our fav goodies to see us through the long months until we come back again!

So off we headed to the outlets on Vineland, shopped a lot (mostly for hubby which makes a change TBH). Loads of good bargains in Tommy, RL, Gap - and shoes! Much prefer these outlets to the ones at the top of I Drive. Afterwards we headed to Walmart and bought the winter supply of Cheetos, JD Sauce, Swedish Fish. Hershey's cookies and cream etc, etc. we also got some of the boneless chicken wings from the deli to eat when we got back - have you tried these? If not you should, they're delish!!

Big shop done we popped into the liquor store to stock up - we're having a 4th Jul party when we get home and the booze is far cheaper here! We also managed to get all the decorations, flags, cups, plates etc for our party too! Little piece of America back home lol! Shopping all finished we headed back to SSR for our final night by the pool and the pool movie. The kids had a great time watching the movie from the pool! It's was Lilo and Stitch tonight which was aces because I'd never seen it before :-) we hung around until around 11 and then begrudgingly went to bed knowing that the next day was to be our last full one (sob!) :-(

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Boneless chicken wings?!! Whatever next?

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,566 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Wow....how do you get all that food/booze home?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Cookies and cream good choice i always bring some back

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

I was wondering that too TravellerfromUK!

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

We had 4 cases and 4 pieces of hand luggage, one was empty on the way over so we could bring lots back :-) sometimes we pay for extra case to - when there's a will......!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,803 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Now that's the way to do it always bring a extra suitcase.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,293 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

W always take an empty suitcase inside one going out too.... But our bags still end up way over weight...

Good t/r makes me wish I was there.... We also stock up on food too, my addiction is chips ahoy cookies, I bring boxes and boxes back.

We've just come back from Lanzarote and happy days, there they were on the supermarket shelves!!

UK
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

its always sad to come home!!!

i take my hat off to you for bringing all the booze home, its never crossed my mind (i always wonder if it will smash).

Level Contributor
1,082 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Cupcake - the bottles are plastic, ideal!!

PP - we also brought some Chips Ahoy home, now my dad has fallen in love with them!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Day 12 - SSR time, outlets and the 'big' Walmart shop!

Great tr, Walmart, Walmart, Walmart my nemesis. Love it ir loath it has to be done and taje those goodies home