We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World Questions

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Disney World Questions

Hi! I'm planning to visit Disney World with just my husband in early October 2015 for 4 days. We are from Australia.

I have done quite a bit of research but it seems the more I learn, the more questions I have. I was hoping to get a few of my questions answered here by some clever TripAdvisors such as yourselves.

How far in advance does Disney release the dates for the early opening times for people staying on the property?

How long do the buses run for at night? We'd like to see cirque du soleil but don't want to get stranded!

What time are the fireworks in October or do times always change? I want to make a dinner reservation at the California grill to coincide with this.

Do all restaurants accept the dining plan? I read some places take double the credits for a sit down meal?

If I book everything through the Disney World website, will I be able to still book fastpasses and dining reservations even though I wouldn't physically have our magic bands? Would we get them on check in or do they post them to Australia?

Thanks very much in advance for any help provided!

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World Questions

EMH is released about 6 months ahead, but this year they do seem to be following a weekly schedule, but The Unofficial Guide says that they have a habit of regularly changing but this may have changed.

Buses run from parks until something like an hour or so after closing from what ai understand. Assuming cirque is at a Disney location (I've not looked into this) then it will be fine.

If you go to Disney's site now you can see when the fireworks are scheduled, subject to change, for this October as these schedules also come out 6 months ahead.

No not all restaurants are part of dining plan and yes some of the top end ones do take 2 credits.

You do not need you're magic bands to make reservations for restaurants or FPs. It is all done via my Disney experience/their website. Indeed even in Us which only place they mail bands to (possible Canada) they only go our a few weeks ahead, with restaurant booking at 6 months out and FPs 60 days for onsite guests this will all be done and dusted before bands are in any bodies hands.

I hope this helps a bit.

Enjoy

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World Questions

The hours for all the parks are posted about 180 days ahead, including extra magic hours. The buses run to Downtown Disney, which is where Cirque de Soliel is until midnight or later. A rule of thumb is that Disney buses run until 1 hour after closing of any of the parks or Downtown Disney. The times always change for the fireworks, but you should be able to see the schedule for them about 6 months out, like the park hours. If your're still not sure, call disney dining and they will answer that question for you. The California Grill books up very quickly during the fireworks so make sure to make reservations 180 days out. We have done the California Grill for the fireworks and it is beautiful. Most of the restaurants on Disney property accept the dining plan, but some do take two table service credits for a meal(such as the California Grill). If you are staying on property, you can book reservations 180 days out and fastpasses 60 days out without your magic bands.

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World Questions

You'll be there for MNSSHP so some nights the fireworks will be Hallowishes rather than Wishes. You can find out in plenty of time (at least 6 months out) and book your California Grill accordingly. Hallowishes is spectacular.

Falkirk, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World Questions

Here's some Disney dining info:

wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

pa
Level Contributor
54,209 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World Questions

The buses from and to Downtown Disney run til 2am, you won't be left stranded if you go see Cirque

Park hours are released at least 180 days in advance

Dining Reservations ( ADRs ) can be made 180 days in advance

Fast Pass+ booking 60 days in advance, even without Magic Bands, sign up on My Disney Experience as soon as you book and have a Resort Reservation Number

What Resort are you hoping to book ? There will be nice discounts for October :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
71 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World Questions

What time should reservations be made for in order to be there for the fireworks. Sorry for jumping in on someone else's message

plymouth england
Level Contributor
197 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World Questions

if you are going to attend MNSSHP you will need to purchase the tickets in advance for the evening enjoy your stay

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World Questions

We like to have reservations booked about 30 minutes in advance of the fireworks starting so they are before our meal. We get seated and then head out to the balcony to get a front row spot to watch the fireworks. If you can't get it timed like that, they will hold your food in the kitchen so it doesn't get cold while you watch the fireworks and bring it out hot when you are done.

Perth, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney World Questions

Thanks for the help everyone!

I am undecided between staying at PO Riverside or Pop, since we plan on being at the parks all day and only need a place to sleep and shower.

I would love to attend the Halloween Party! Is the food and wine festival at epcot also on in October? That sounds incredible aswel! Also does anyone know if Be Our Guest uses quick service credits for lunch, even though it appears you sit down to eat your meal?

pa
Level Contributor
54,209 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney World Questions

Port Orleans Riverside is great. Well worth paying a bit more for a Moderate Resort, IMHO of course. The Queen Size Beds and the extra Quiet Pools and Hot tub are lovely, plus a whole lot more

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3245277

The Food and Wine Festival will indeed be going on, yum ! It is one of the main reasons October is my favorite time to visit