We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which parks on a Saturday??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
246 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which parks on a Saturday??

Hi all!!

I can start booking my fast passes soon and I thought I had our itinerary all sorted out but now I keep changing my mind!!

We are only going to be doing disney for 5 days so are happy for things to be rushed (we have over a week in the coast after to relax) but I'm just wondering about Saturday. It will be July 28th so I know July will already be busy and I expect Saturday to be even worse!

Originally we were going to AK for rope drop them MK for the afternoon with fast passes. We tend to park hop half days to try and squeeze as much in as we can.

However now I've realised it will be a Saturday I'm wondering if MK is the right park to visit?

Would a water park be better or just a different theme park?

We don't have any ADRs booked for the Saturday we were just going to get a snack for lunch the eat off site in the evening so we're not restricted by that!

Any suggestions would be great to help is make the most of our 5 days! Also it's just me and my husband (late 20's) if that makes a difference?

Thanks in advance!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which parks on a Saturday??

I would avoid MK if at all possible on the weekends since this when people only visiting for a day visit or locals and they usually come to MK. Also many people like to spend their first/last days at Disney at MK. Either a waterpark or just another theme park are great options. AK is a great idea and the other half of your day is probably best spent at Hollywood Studios. I might reverse your plan though, spend the morning at Hollwood Studios riding the big headliner attractions before the crowds and head to Animal Kingdom the second half of the day as the crowds diminish there. AK has extended hours for the summer months so this works out great. If you're going in the fall, then do AK in the morning and Hollywood at night.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which parks on a Saturday??

I've never not gone to any park because it might be busy, they are all busy;-);-)

On a serious note though. Planes arrive daily with folk going on holiday, so I'm not sure the "crowd calendars" are to be relied on, more a loose guide.

I've been at "busy" times & done all we wanted & been at quieter times & seen huge queues.

Whatever or wherever you decide, you'll have a great time:-):-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which parks on a Saturday??

Agree with Mike. I've yet to see such a significant difference on weekends as opposed to the weekday that would discourage me not going going on any particular day. Especially in the summer I feel like they're all busy. As long as you get to the parks early...you can enjoy the parks without the bulk of the rush regardless of day

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,508 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which parks on a Saturday??

In the summer when all kids are off school, weekends and weekdays don't matter, they will all be busy, so just go and as mentioned get to the park for opening :)

5. Re: Which parks on a Saturday??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:17