We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

We would appreciate opinions on Hollywood Studio Vs Universal. We're not into the thrill rides. More into simulated ones.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Both have an approx equal share of sim rides IMO

The trouble with the parks is that you can't really say that *any* one of them isn't worth visiting ;-)

Maybe skip IoA if your not into roller coaster type rides I suppose.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

I really can't comment on Universal as I have never visited, but I have visited Hollywood Studios many times. There are only two thrill rides at Hollywood Studios-Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. Not much into thrill rides myself-haven't even ridden them. Hollywood Studios has several shows(Fantasmic and Beauty and the Beast are the main ones) as well as two stunt shows(Indiana Jones and Lights, Motors, Action). All of these are excellent productions and very worth seeing. Toy Story Mania is my favorite ride at Disney and is really fun. We also enjoy visiting the Animation Academy-you can learn to draw Disney characters and you get to take home your drawing.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Both great parks. Plenty to try in both.

In no way can you compare any of the parks in Orlando. They are all fantastic, with their own unique points:-):-)

Asking opinions tends to get lover of one park, against lover of others.....lol.....

Having been to all on numerous occasions, we find plenty to do in "all" parks & things were not keen on in "all" parks.

Have you not got the time to try both? Only you will really know which is best for you:-):-)

Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Universal, no contest. I am a disney fan but even I can admit HWS is a dead park and hasn't been touched up in forever. Universal has more thril rides too since that's what you said you were looking for. If you have to choose, universal all the way.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
155 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Universal by a long shot. Great park. Hollywood Studios really needs updated. It's a shame because it has a couple of great attractions such as tower of terror which is great. But I visited both parks in May and universal was just much better!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

The OP says they are "not" into thrill rides more the simulated ones;-);-)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

Thanks for the guidance. My hubs is definitely an Indiana Jones Fan and we're both into history and what sounds to be a great attraction...Fantasmic. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

We'll definitely take a hard look at Universal. This won't be our last trip, I am sure so we may do one this trip and another in the future. We'll keep you posted. Many thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

You are right and sure didn't intend to pit two parks. They have to be different and both have their own pro's. We haven't been to DW in 28 yrs so EVEYRTHING has changed probably. It's just the two of us. We're into history, period stuff, Simulated Rides and just have to try things and learn the ropes. We did not plan to do this until last week when we decided to use our Timeshare after a family wedding. So....now i am in full out planning mode and learning and listening and getting opinions. ANY welcome.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal vs Hollywood Studio in Orlando

HS simulator rides, Star Tours is great. They have different stories to the rides:-)

So go round again & you (may) get a different one :-)

The new(ish) Transformers at Universal is great & Despicable Me.

Hope you have a great time.