We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April or October?

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
April or October?

We've been to Orlando quite a few times before, but we've only ever been around Easter or the beginning of May. It's always pretty busy at that time, so we were thinking about maybe going in October instead (the 2 weeks before half term) and just wanted to see what you guys thought would be better weather-wise and crowd-wise?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April or October?

Halloween:-):-):-)

Awesome time to go.

That said, there's never a bad time to go:-):-)

pa
Level Contributor
54,502 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: April or October?

October is a great time to visit :)

letterkenny
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: April or October?

I've been at many different times of the year and October is the best imo,still nice and hot plus you get to go to universals Halloween horror nights.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April or October?

I have been in both months, I would choose October again if I could.That said I'm going April next year because of school holidays though.

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April or October?

Thanks for the replies, looks as though I'll be booking for October 2015 then! :-)

Would you say the crowds are better then than in April? The only time we found the crowds really bad was one day we spent in Magic Kingdom (5.5 hour wait to meet the Frozen characters! WTF?!? Who actually queues that long?!) and it totally ruined the day cos we could hardly move. I'm hoping it'll be a bit quieter next time we visit.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April or October?

I think as Spring Break and Easter run into April crowds are higher,unless its the last 10 days or so of April and no Easter dates. We went in Oct 2011 and the crowds were so low. We still arrived for opening though.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: April or October?

Crowds will be much lower in October; very hot and humid, as it is hurricane season. Weather is much better in April; plenty warm without the unbearable humidity.

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: April or October?

Will the crowds still be low at Universal and MK seeing as it's Halloween? We really enjoyed Universal last time, mainly because the crowds were better there than at any other park. I'm just worried that Universal might be packed every day because of HHN.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,838 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: April or October?

October.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts