We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Which hotel is better? Thinking about pools for a nine year old, choice of food, particularly for children, and walk from rooms to bus and to food court? Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

I was comapring thgese two resorts a couple of months ago. Here is some good feedback:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k748317…

Doncaster
Level Contributor
100 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

We've just had exactly the same dilemma ourselves for the holiday we've just booked for next March with our 6 & 9yr old boys! We've ended up going for Coronado Springs for the following reasons (but it was close!):

-Bigger beds in Coronado (kids will be sharing a double, so less arguments over space!)

-Better food in the foodcourt, although it's close, according to various reviews I've read.

-Slightly smaller resort, so less chance of being in an apartment miles away from the pool etc

-Bigger 'jaguar' slide in the main pool, as opposed to two smaller ones in Caribbean

-Kids play area looked a bit more exciting in Coronado (got a 6yr old that loves slides etc)

Some people recommended the Caribbean instead because of the massive convention centre in Coronado Springs, which apparently means that you sometimes end up with thousands of convention delegates, which was the only negative I could find, however my reasoning was that either a) that won't happen all the time, if at all, and b)there will be a few less kids there if that's the case, so pool and slide might be a bit less crowded.

We also considered paying slightly extra for Port Orleans (I'm guessing you're looking at the free food deal, which was the reason we considered these two hotels), but didn't see anything there that we couldn't get at these two hotels.

Let us know what you decide - the advice I got was that you really can't go wrong with either :)

Edited: 09 June 2014, 16:50
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,109 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Carribean Beach has the better pool area for kids, IMO, but they have only double beds, while Coronado has Queen beds.

As for area size, not sure one is any better than the other for "distances" as they both are large and cover a big territory with multiple bus stops.

Here's maps of both properties:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Hartford...
Level Contributor
494 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

My family would recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price. CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

The rooms have queen beds, a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play) but only one sink.

CSR also offer business class level rooms with lounge access. Other amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night/dance club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

You'll definitely want to check out Buzz's CSR website and forum below. It helped with my planning tremendously. :thumbsup2 There is also a CSR Forum with lots of information including up-to-date convention and rehab schedules. Have a great trip!

CSR Website

http://myapi.io/?2f3c525

CSR Forum

http://myapi.io/?f65be58

Edited: 10 June 2014, 10:46
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Personally, I wouldn't choose either. Port Orleans Riverside is probably the best for families, but assuming as someone else suggested, that is out of the question then I would pick Caribbean Beach.

If you are planning on eating a lot at the hotel, be sure to check out the reviews for Pepper Market, which is arguably one of the worst quick service dining locations on property. I wouldn't stay at CSR again for that reason alone.

I know people say CSR is the most deluxe feeling moderate, but I find the decor to be terribly boring for children. It's a southwest theme vs the colorful caribbean buildings. The manmade beach at CBR is fun for kids as well.

An unofficial fan site for CBR:

http://www.disneycaribbeanbeach.com/

I've stayed at all 4 moderates and POFQ and POR are both head and shoulders above CBR or CSR in my opinion.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 15:26
Dalbeattie, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Caribbean beach is currently undergoing refurbishment and queen beds and sliding doors separating room from sink area are being installed!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,297 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

If you're concerned about walking, take a look at French Quarter, nice small, cozy resort, one bus stop, no long walks to anything, great pool area :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

We've stayed at all the moderate resorts and the CBR is definitely our favourite! However, we don't have kids with us!

It's not something we can put our finger on but the CBR just seems to have a more relaxed feel about it. It really does feel like a little piece of the caribbean in Central Florida! The kids pool area looks awesome and I'm sure your kids would love it!

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:35
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

Having been at all four Moderates ...

POFQ is my overall favorite only because of its pleasantly small size, meaning there's no such thing as a long walk.

But of the three bigger Mods, Caribbean Beach Resort is my favorite. It's the only Disney resort I've stayed at twice. For these three, I think it just comes down to theme, and the Caribbean theme appeals to me more than the others.

10. Re: Carribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16