We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

We are family of 4 and finish our Disney Dream cruise at 7:30am. We want to go to Kennedy Space Centre that day and have to catch a flight from Orlando airport around 8pm that night. What is best way to drop off baggage to airport from Port Canaveral and come back to Space Centre. Or can we store bags somewhere and, go to Space Centre and then airport?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,703 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

"Or can we store bags somewhere and, go to Space Centre and then airport?"

I assume you are talking about a 1-way car rental, because it really is your best choice. What I would do, is keep the bags & all valuables locked in the trunk of the car and cover anything remaining in the interior of the car. Go to KSC first and then proceed to the airport when finished.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 22:03
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

You might want to talk to the Disney Cruise people. Other cruise lines I've been on always have Post Cruise excursions you can take on your date of departure. I would expect Disney does the same and would keep your luggage and drop you at the airport afterwards. I tried checking to confirm that they have this option, but could not find anything. But, I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have it.

Or, as mentioned, you can see about renting a car and driving yourself. You can store your luggage in the car, but assuming you're coming fairly soon, it would get insanely hot.

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Thanks for that tip about car hire, had not thought of that. Much appreciated!

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

I shall definitely talk to the Cruise Line, that sounds like a plan. I appreciate your prompt feedback and giving me another option.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,703 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Definitely compare prices.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Vic's suggestion of a car rental is a good one. The parking lot at KSC is reasonably secure, but keeping your bags and valuables out of sight is a good precaution.

The car rental companies at the port (Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach area) are: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/Alamo/National, Hertz, and Payless. All will pick you up at the cruise terminal and shuttle you to a nearby office where you collect your car; most offer rates without a one-way (dropoff) fee to Orlando or Sanford airports, but be sure to ask.

Once you have the car, it's only a 20-25 minute drive to KSC via highways 528 and 3. The visitors' center at KSC opens at 9, and closes anywhere between 5 and 7 depending on the time of year. The drive to Orlando airport is about 45-50 minutes from KSC via the NASA Causeway and highways 405 and 528 ($2 in tolls); Those going to Sanford airport would have to add another 15-20 minutes to that using I-95 and highway 46.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 11:56
7. Re: Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16