We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Reservations

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining Reservations

If we are traveling during the first week of February do we still need dining reservations? Planning to get reservations for some character meals but would like the option to just walk up to the other table service restaurants if possible.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,311 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Reservations

Book the ones you "definitely" don't want to miss.

Then leave yourself some free days to come & go as you please.

I always book those that we must do, but if we change our minds I cancel, at least 24 hours before, so no issues:-):-)

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Reservations

February is a relatively slow period so there will be walk-ups, except for the character meals and headliner venues such as Be Our Guest, O'Hana, California Grill, etc. How many are in your party?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Reservations

Like others say..book ones that are important to your group, leave some open and decide nearer the time. It is possible to go to guest relations at the park you are in and ask what availability there is at the restaurants.

gulf coast
Level Contributor
155 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Reservations

There are just 3 in our party. I hate being tied to a schedule. We are planning to do three character bfasts and them BOG in the evening. It would be nice to just walk up in the evening or at lunch for a table service restaurant. Previously we went during October. I believe it was free dining and it was a zoo. Hoping that February is a lot less crowded.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Reservations

Book the character meals and BOG. It depends where you want to walk up to in the evenings as to whether you have a chance of getting in or not. DTD you'll be fine all the restaurants take walk ups. EPCOT could be a different matter.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Reservations

Agreed with all the other posters here.... book BOG and your character meals. For a party of 3, and in February, you should be able to get into most restaurants as a walk up within a 20-30 max wait (barring any special events that may arise between now and then). Obviously, traditional dinner times and/or unique seating times for fireworks/parades, etc. may lead to longer waits, or inaccessibility at some spots. As USLovers pointed out, at Epcot, especially on the weekends, you may also have a larger influx of locals with AP's who are out for a night in the park and dinner. Sounds like you're pretty flexible and laid back with where those dining options may be in the evenings, so I'm sure you'll have a great experience with your dining options.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,898 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Reservations

EPCOT has the most restaurants of any of the parks. I have found it very easy to get same day reservations, including 10 minutes before we wanted to eat (in February), but we still "got" reservations. Guest Relations will post an A Frame sign outside their office with the restaurants still accepting reservations. We walked in, and selected San Angel Inn in 10 minutes time. By the time we walked over, it was time for our reservation. They took us immediately, but continued to turn away walk ups.

I would suggest in EPCOT, before attempting a walk up, to see if there is a reservation first. There is the main office by Spaceship Earth and also 2 windows at International Gateway in the World Showcase. The Guest Relations agent even called the hostess directly in case we didn't make it in the 10 minutes as we had to make a rest stop for an infant en-route and explained to us they do it all the time with last minute reservations.

If all else fails in EPCOT, the restaurants at the Boardwalk (Big River Grille and the ESPN Club) do allow walk ups.

New Brighton...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Reservations

Can Someone tell me how you would go about booking a character breakfast?

First time to Orlando in 9 days and I'm still trying to find my feet.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining Reservations

Very few Disney restaurants accept walk ins at all. We reserve only character meals and Victoria and Alberts though ;the others we call a day or two ahead of time and see what is available for the park or area we are going to be in . There is always something close to the time we are interested in eating. We find it impossible to figure out what we would like to eat six months from now-so we don't.You book character meals (and all other Disney meals) either online or by calling the Disney Dining line. There are plenty of acceptable counter service options(we like Sunshine Seasons Fair at Epcot) so if there is not any table service places availabel that appeal,this is a great option.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining Reservations

MissSarahG87, Visit the walt disney world dining page (filtered to character dining) in your browser: https:/…

Choose your date, desired time, and party size, and the site will provide to you available options to reserve.

You can also make dining reservations from the My Disney Experience app.