We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Topic
Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Whats the nearest Walmart to the pointe? How much roughly in a cab?

Also is there a taxi rank outside Walmart?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Its on orange blossom trail as far as I can remember and I don't recall seeing a taxi rank. But you have a walgreens straight across the road for milk and cereals and they do lots of other stuff too. Spare your sanity and stay clear of walmart.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Cheers I've stayed there the last 2 years but never been to Walmart so I thought I'd give it a try this time.

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Theres one on Turkey Lake Rd which runs alongside the i4.

If you look out over the i4 and to your right from the Rosen Inn Pointe you may be able to see it. As the crow flies its not far but you'd have to go north on International Drive the right onto Sandlake Rd and then left again onto Turkey Lake Rd to get there.

Probably wont cost much in a taxi

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Sorry, meant to say left onto Sandlake Rd

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,990 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Yes, the NEAREST (for least cab fare) is on Turkey Lake Rd. The one on Sand Lake Rd (actually, John Young Parkway, but close enough) is further, but is reachable by LYNX bus if you want to save a few $$ on cab fare.

Bus directions are in here, and you may also find the rest of the information helpful: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Cheers, but can anyone tell if either will have a cab rank outside as I don't fancy getting on the bus with 2 weeks worth of water, beers and snacks for the room lol

Dinas Powys, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Probably cheaper for you to use the Walgreens opposite the hotel in that case. They sell just about everything you need there

Exeter
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Plenty of taxis in the car park. Or you could arrange with the one that dropped you off to pick you up at a specific time.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Cheers

Aberdeen, Scotland...
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest walmart to rosen@ pointe . And cabs

Hi Ainsley,

We stayed at Rosen inn @ Pointe last year and we walked to Walmart was easy enough to find once we went into the organic market place to ask and it was just along the road. We got a taxi back and it was (i think) between $25-$35 inc tip we only went twice during our 2 week stay and if we needed extra milk/bread during the week we went to the Walgreens. Walmart have good prices for their jugs of water (78 cents) we bought 3 each time we went and kept our water bottles we got when out and filled them to take to parks etc just popped them in the fridge the night before.

There are plenty of taxi's waiting outside Walmart to take you back to the hotel. Worth the visit to stock up your room :)