We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Names on tickets do they get checked?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey St Helier
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Names on tickets do they get checked?

Hello,

I've got a ticket for two adults, one of the adults can't attend so i'm going to bring a friend. I bought the tickets and am the lead name on them, but does it matter about the 2nd person? or will do they check? Or could i just go up and get the tickets? Just wondering if we have to buy some new tickets.

Got the 14 day ticket for universal and 14 day for Seaworld, bush gardens.

Any answers would be helpful...

NI
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Our ID was only checked in Universal when we couldnt remember what finger we used for finger print on our fist day entering the park, so just remember that and you should be fine! amazing place :)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Hi TheKilljoy

Sorry to confuse. We get Premium Annual Passes from Disney. Which I buy over here when they have a sale, they send us reference cards, with numbers on.

I then have to "prove" who we all are when getting the passes.

With our Universal AP's I get them to send actual tickets, which they check against my Drivers Licence when I use them.

The point I was trying to make, was whenever I've been I have had my ID checked.

Sorry for the confusion;-);-)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Rossmurphy, have you got the actual tickets now or just the vouchers to show to collect the tickets? If it is vouchers you have there will be no problem, just tell them when you collect you tickets that someone else is with you and can they change the name.

If you have actual tickets take them to the ticket office and explain that someone else is with you and as the ticket hasn't been activated can they change it for you.

Either scenario I cannot see you having a problem.

On a side note, everyone should always carry ID with them, there is the possibility that your finger scan won't work at the gates and you have to show ID to prove the ticket is yours, or should you collapse somewhere or have an accident and need to be identified ID is a must. More importantly if you want to buy alcohol you'll more often than not have to have ID to prove your age!! I carry ID with me always, wherever I am.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

I agree with USL, I can't believe people would walk around with no ID on them. Better safe than sorry :)

8 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Can it be a photocopy of an id or does it have to be an original

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

I collected our SeaWorld tickets for my wife and I myself, my wife wasn't present.

I get asked for ID mainly when I use my CC at the Outlet Malls

Jersey St Helier
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Think i might just collect the tickets myself and then if they are funny we will just have to purchase some more. I would just rather risk it as the tickets have my name on as the lead person and the other as my parther (Who can't come)

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

Yes & finger print

Jersey St Helier
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

USLovers it just the voucher we haven't actually got the tickets yet so we will need to collect them at the gates.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Names on tickets do they get checked?

If they are unused ticket media, then take them to guest services and swap them for one with the right name. As they have not been used yet shiould not be a problem..

If you decide to use as is, the new person would scan their fingerprint so the ticket would work. Where you would encounter problems is if the finger scan doesn't work, then they ask for ID.

If you don't have a photo DL I would bring a CC or bank card and a photocopy of passport- unless you can get a photo ID made before you go as it is best. Also waterproof.