We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Hi

Looking to book a trip through Virgin Holidays for me and my family to visit Orlando in March 2015, the holiday was looking very reasonalbe until we got to the section where we had to select which tickets we wanted! My question is would people recommend buying our tickets with the holiday through Virgin, through another internet provider in the UK, or are they cheaper to buy when we actually get to Orlando.

Thanks in advance!

G

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Certainly no cheaper when over there. Check the prices on a few sites like floridatix, undercovertourist and atttraction ticket direct to what you see on virgin site.

Tickets are expensive, easy to buy more than you need. However some of the length of stay options are good value (well its all relative).

Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Get them through quidco, you can get cashback on them as well

lee

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Definitely buy them here, it's a lot cheaper.. It's only around £285 for a 14 day adult ticket which is unlimited entry to all parks on all days whereas if you buy there is around $96 per day for magic kingdom alone!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

I certainly wouldn't buy them off Virgin but its your choice.

The websites mention in post No1 are reputable and the 2 UK ones provide actual tickets, not vouchers. This will save you time exchanging then when you get there.

Undercover Tourist is a US site but does ship to UK and I believe they also supply actual tickets. This would be the better option if you don't want or need 9/14/21 days at Disney as you can buy from 3 days up and get some money off the official Disney price.

Universal tickets are probably best bought here from floridatix/ATD or other UK sites as they also give you extra days beyond the 2 day ticket they sell.

Edited: 13 June 2014, 10:19
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

Got ours off floridatix two days later they arrived they were the cheapest after searching and getting a refund for the ones we bought from thompson

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

The thing you need to bear in mind with Disney tickets is you need a reference number or the actual tickets to link them to My Disney Experience to make your Fastpass + reservations. Some people on here have been unable to get that when booking with the likes of Virgin/ Thomson so can't book any fastpasses. We got ours for our trip last month direct from Disney, they send you a confirmation e-mail with the number to link to your MDE account, and as we were staying on site we were able to book our fastpasses 60 days in advance. We didn't even pick our tickets up as they were already linked to our magicbands when we got there. If youre not staying on site you will need to pick your tickets up but at least you can book fastpasses

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

giddy. buy them here. attraction tickets direct are highly recommended. universal studios use them as their UK suppliers so they are a reputable company. and in my past experience your tickets will arrive within a couple of days. they say within a week.

most importantly make sure youre buying actual tickets, not vouchers.

vouchers you need to exchange for tickets when youre there and the queues are often long, even at quiet times

Bristol
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

I am flying out in July and i purchased the ulitmate ticket for Disney and all of the other parks.

Ordered mine from Orlando Attractions. Much cheaper than travel agent and really quick delivery.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

With us depends on finances if you can get them at home go to attraction tickets direct, but a reputable co in orlando, located at Celebration is www.kgs.com if you have to buy on arrival because of finances or need extra tickets go to them.

ps they will throw in a few freebies toys pens etc:-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buy Park tickets in the UK or when we get to Orlando?

We buy ours with Virgin. They have the 14 days for the price of 7 offer on quite a lot. Yes you still get a disney reservation number, and can still link your tickets with My disney experience, we did that last year. Virgin send you the disney reservation number. We like booking with Virgin because its just hassle free, book it, pay it off monthly, done.